OKC 3-Gun----May 16th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So you bring up a good point. And I am all ears on this, but how easy should a match be to attract new shooters and not turn away veterans because it is too basic? I think the fact we are leaving the big target up at 300 is proof that we do take that into consideration. Why would an empty shotgun start scare off a new shooter? Help me out. The stages as built will be fun and challenging without making any impossible shots or very difficult positions. I agree, a 300 yard 6" plate rack might be a bit much for a first timer, but then again, the challenge of it is what will probably bring him back.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think it will scare anyone off. I just think it is proabably the most difficult and frustrating thing for the new shooters. Most shooters that I talk to that are contemplating trying 3 gun are hesitant or don't shoot because of the shotgun portion and every new shooter and most not so new shooters are concerned about relaoding the shotgun. The 300 yard rifle shots are tough but missing a 300 yard target 5-15 times is much less frustrating than taking 15-30 seconds to get 8 shells in your shotgun.

Personally I find the shotgun loading and shooting to be the most exilerating part of 3 gun. The gun has the most versatility with buckshot, slugs, and birdshot ammo. We use it to shoot at flying, falling, moving, dissapearing targets. It kicks the most. It requires the most work to be proficient with the reloads. It can be the biggest hoser gun when you are shooting clays with a Diffusion choke:)

I don't think you are going to scare any veteran 3 gun shooters away because other than Curly and Kurt we don't have anyone that has shot more matches than you can count on 2 hands. I need all the practice I can get regardless of the target arrays or round counts of the match. :fullauto:

No.343

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You should make it easy enough for a short, fat guy to be able to hit all the targets, but I will be happy if I can just see the targets.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I see what you mean Jesse. Unfortunately, as we all know, you gotta learn to stuff that thing full of shells at some point! :)

I think this match will have a super balance between tough and easy, between slow and fast, between short and long, and most importantly, between beers! :)

m

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
OK.. OK.. Here is one of the stages you will see Sunday.. I am not going to post any more of them..

Mike

Attachments

• May Teaser.JPG
    May Teaser.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 200

Latest posts

Top Bottom