OKC Internet Service Providers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKWalker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had AT&T DSL for years, but I just moved and it's pretty slow in my area.

I'm thinking of switching to Cox internet and was wondering what others used in my area (SW OKC) and if Cox was any good.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had cox for many years and im pleased. In my opinion I think they try to throttle my speed a little bit when I download movies off the internet which ticks me off a tad. Im not sure if there is any truth to my last statement, just my opinion.

For regular web browsing or streaming my internet package works great though.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cox service/bandwidth is good until customer bandwidth demand exceeds their bw capability at which point they add infrastructure. Normal businesses try to stay ahead of the load curve. Not Cox. But then they are one of the more successful cable companies in the US so I guess you can't argue with success.

Edgar Derby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have had cox for many years and im pleased. In my opinion I think they try to throttle my speed a little bit when I download movies off the internet which ticks me off a tad. Im not sure if there is any truth to my last statement, just my opinion.

I've been getting that feeling myself within the last month or so. I've started noticing wild swings in speed after getting shows from EZTV and the Bay. Cox I think does use throttling in other states. Just a matter of time before it found it's way here, I guess.

Last edited:

.45Fats

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

they do. documented Cox uses bandwidth shaping to ensure there is "fair use" of the internet by all their customers...which upsets me personally but it was in the contract so what you going to do right?

Eddie005

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am in SW OKC and have had Cox internet for years and have had no problems with their internet service or customer service. I did drop their cable TV for poor reception in my area. Doesnt make since the inet works great and tv didnt when they both come through the same cable.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

they don't do that to me. 27Mbps 24/7 man!
well, until I run out of space, anyway. then i have to add more drives to the SAN.

they do. documented Cox uses bandwidth shaping to ensure there is "fair use" of the internet by all their customers...which upsets me personally but it was in the contract so what you going to do right?

They tried it in Arkansas but have no plans to bring it elsewhere.

Latest posts

Top Bottom