OKC Storm Shelter Registry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tampabucs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If a big tornado comes through the first responders will have some rough idea where the shelter is in the rubble.

Exactly. Yes, first responders are going to search for areas hit by tornadoes. However, it's nice to know that they have the GPS coordinates of where your shelter is located and they know to check on you. Still though, I always tell our customers don't just rely on that. Inform your family and friends you have a shelter. Take a whistle into the shelter with you and have a box of supplies consisting of bottled water, granola bars, weather radio, whistle, flashlights with extra batteries, toilet paper and a 5 gallon bucket if you're in there for longer than expected if you get my drift. ;)

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take a whistle into the shelter with you and have a box of supplies consisting of bottled water, granola bars, weather radio, whistle, flashlights with extra batteries, toilet paper and a 5 gallon bucket if you're in there for longer than expected if you get my drift. ;)

What is the benefit of the weather radio over a regular handheld am/fm radio, besides the automatic alerts? It stands to reason that, if you're in your shelter, you already know the storm is coming...

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bump!

What is the benefit of the weather radio over a regular handheld am/fm radio, besides the automatic alerts? It stands to reason that, if you're in your shelter, you already know the storm is coming...

Well if you have a regular radio you have Mike Morgan telling you to get into your car and drive.
If you have a weather radio it tells you to get into a storm shelter.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bump!

Well if you have a regular radio you have Mike Morgan telling you to get into your car and drive.
If you have a weather radio it tells you to get into a storm shelter.

Exactly my point. You have a radio telling you to get in your shelter...in your shelter...

I could see having one on the bedside table or something to wake your butt up when the big one's coming, but keeping one in the shelter seems redundant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom