OKCGC Action Rifle Match 8/29

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We will be shooting 5-6 stages of rifle. 120 or so rounds. Sign in at 8:00am and first shot promptly at 9:00. We will shoot out to 300yards on one stage. Everything else will be less then 50. We will recognize the following divisions.

Open - Any rifle with an optic capable of magnification or more then one sighting device. No limit on magazine size. Drums allowed.

Standard - Iron sights and 1x optics only. No drum magazines.

Rimfire Open - Same as open but rimfire cartridges only.

Rimfire Standard - Same as standard but rimfire only.

As always, juniors shoot free and the adult that brought them shoots at half price. Active duty military and active LEO shoot for $10. All others are $15 for members of okcgc, and $20 for non-members.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So a 1-4x single optic gun shoots with a 2 scoped drum mag gun??

If I leave
My scope on 1x can it be shot in standard?

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We are still trying to try things to see what the best format is without having to have 5 divisions for tac. In short, yes theoretically you may shoot against someone with a drum mag, but on a 20 round stage, not sure it is a disadvantage. We have done IMG and modified USPSA, this is close to IPSC rules with our non-magnified rule. If the scope is capable of magnification, it will be in open. Just to clarify, in all the rifle and 3gun matches, we still have only had one open entry.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Little breakdown of the stages.
Stage 1 - Only 10 targets, all visible from shooting box. Must shoot 5 weakhand.
Stage 2 - 16 Targets including a turner and swinger, and a minefield.
Stage 3 - 9 paper and 4 of the hanging clays you all love so much in the no-shoots.
Stage 4 - Backing up shooting 10 paper and two clays at the end
Stage 5 - Rimfire: 3 paper, 2 plates at 40 yards, 3 plates at 60 yards and a 200yard bonus.
Centerfire: 3 paper, 2 MGM flash at 100, popper at 200, and MGM at 300 with a bonus at 200. ;)

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Little breakdown of the stages.
Stage 1 - Only 10 targets, all visible from shooting box. Must shoot 5 weakhand.
Stage 2 - 16 Targets including a turner and swinger, and a minefield.
Stage 3 - 9 paper and 4 of the hanging clays you all love so much in the no-shoots.
Stage 4 - Backing up shooting 10 paper and two clays at the end
Stage 5 - Rimfire: 3 paper, 2 plates at 40 yards, 3 plates at 60 yards and a 200yard bonus.
Centerfire: 3 paper, 2 MGM flash at 100, popper at 200, and MGM at 300 with a bonus at 200. ;)

Nice!!!

taymoor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never shot in one of these, but I'd love to humiliate myself in front of everyone! That being said, I'm almost done with my AR and it is going to have a 24 inch barrel, how much of a PITA would that be for an action match?