Okie City's bridge from nowhere to nowhere

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not too sure either supports your supposition that it takes an engineer to recognize a long delay or a waste of tax payer dollars. Engineering is not the issue at all.
Well, I don't care if you can't agree. Neither of us were involved with this project.
To give perspective, I first saw the planning and scoping of the new I-40 crosstown in OKC in about 1995 and it was 20 years or so before construction begun.
These things take time and budgetary issues are often at play. Not saying that's the case every time because it's not but there are lots of politics, especially when a city is involved.
This is why I retired...politics were eating me up.

Last edited:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My entire career Ive been against bike lanes, multi use paths, walking trails, and many enhancement projects that take highway user fees to construct off system projects. The bike trail this bridge services is in my opinion, a huge waste of money. Especially for the amount of pedestrian traffic it will service on a daily basis.

At one time ODOT was going to include Oregon’s bicycle manual in their new Roadway Design Manual. Talk about a woke ass liberal manifesto for the bicycling community. Thankfully, this hasn’t happened yet.
I was on the committee to re write the design manual. That was not ever a part to my knowledge.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Believe me l have and to the city council...........just like that arena downtown that every big business has had their name on.....now IIRC it's the Paycom center ........ and it ought to be named the Oklahoma County Taxpayers Center since we the people paid for the damn thing over the years.
Do you realize the improvement to downtown from 1990 and before to now? Do you realize the tax base and overall revenue its brought from other states as well as from locals?

Sorry, dum question, I don't think you understand economics and positive growth of a city.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another total waste of taxpayers money thru a maps fiasco.......this is supposed to connect to the high dollar bicycle trail that runs along wilshire and north council road that no one uses preferring to take up a whole lane on wilshire and council riding those dumbass bicycles in the traffic stream
The high dollar bike trail along Wilshire is a 2' wide striped area in the gutter of the street.

But I do agree the bridge over nw Expressway is a bit much. But they probably assume dumbass cars will run over riders trying to cross the road. Dont know why.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you realize the improvement to downtown from 1990 and before to now? Do you realize the tax base and overall revenue its brought from other states as well as from locals?

Sorry, dum question, I don't think you understand economics and positive growth of a city.
Yes I do realize the so called improvements but let private monies do it not taxpayer funds. I very well understand economics and growth of a city the problem is my understanding doesn't agree with yours.

Latest posts

Top Bottom