Okie City's bridge from nowhere to nowhere

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The bicycle and pedestrian bridge at Northwest Expressway and Wilshire is a prime example of how to not finish a project on time with a delay of several months and counting. Massive traffic delays on one of the busiest expressways in OKC for a bridge from nowhere to nowhere because no one can use an unfinished, blocked off and unusable monument to government waste. They blame parts delays. I say pi$$ poor planning and little regard for inconveniences to the public for a project that remains unfinished long after the promised completion date.

Rant over.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
The bicycle and pedestrian bridge at Northwest Expressway and Wilshire is a prime example of how to not finish a project on time with a delay of several months and counting. Massive traffic delays on one of the busiest expressways in OKC for a bridge from nowhere to nowhere because no one can use an unfinished, blocked off and unusable monument to government waste. They blame parts delays. I say pi$$ poor planning and little regard for inconveniences to the public for a project that remains unfinished long after the promised completion date.

Rant over.
A nice place for an assault or robbery to happen too.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Rant over.
"You a highway engineer?"

"think you need to take your PE license and go to Oklahoma city and teach them how it should have been designed."

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
LOL, you know the city planners are all in it together, 2 years ago they had pretty much every major artery in and out of OKC in construction at the same time.... At Classen and 18th they built a bus or tram station(not sure which). there were 3 lanes , then they built the loading ramp in the far right lane so when the transit vehicle stops it will be a 1 lane!!! That is going to be a cluster mess in rush hour.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score

"think you need to take your PE license and go to Oklahoma city and teach them how it should have been designed."
Don't think he is talking about the design, he is talking about the fact that is 2 years behind schedule. Doesn't take higher learning to see someone screwed the pooch.

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

You don't have to be an engineer to recognize a project with significant delays and remains unfinished well past a completion promise. What expertise do you have to see it any differently? Please educate me on what I am missing in my conclusion that the bridge is unusable with both bicycle and pedestrian entrances blocked off.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You don't have to be an engineer to recognize a project with significant delays and remains unfinished well past a completion promise. What expertise do you have to see it any differently? Please educate me on what I am missing in my conclusion that the bridge is unusable and unfinished.
I think he is being facetious about the highway construction thread.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You don't have to be an engineer to recognize a project with significant delays and remains unfinished well past a completion promise. What expertise do you have to see it any differently? Please educate me on what I am missing in my conclusion that the bridge is unusable with both bicycle and pedestrian entrances blocked off.
@Jcann @CHenry

Latest posts

Top Bottom