Okie Noodling Guy 11 years later.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think I quite get the ending to that story or the game warden's comment. Kinda gives me the impression the wardens may think he is using bathtubs or barrels to catch his fish. Bout the only rule I can think of a noodler has to break, other than a hook on a stick or over the limit.

Reaction score
The fame that Okie Noodling has brought McFarlin also has resulted in more scrutiny from game wardens.

One day last summer, McFarlin said he was checked by three different game wardens on the same day.

"One said, 'If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have to be working out in this heat. You made this sport that famous.' That kind of told me right there, they didn't appreciate it."

Yeah, chalk me up as one more that doesn't really understand that...

warrior45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I give all you noodlers all the respect in the world. But you wont catch me doing it...for no other reason than I am not that crazy....LMAO I love watching this guy and the others in the competition's. Looks like great fun and its a shame the GW's are hounding you guys like that.

Anyone know of the next airing of the noodling comps? I love watching them!

Keep it up fellas, feel free to get some video....;-)

Chris

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think I quite get the ending to that story or the game warden's comment. Kinda gives me the impression the wardens may think he is using bathtubs or barrels to catch his fish. Bout the only rule I can think of a noodler has to break, other than a hook on a stick or over the limit.

Can't open the article.

Regs say only flatheads are legal for noodleing. Not sure which one it was but I understand that someone associated with that tournament is known for keeping any catfish that bit his hand.

Alot of noodlers hate blues because they are mean as hell, tear you up, and then you have to release them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom