Okies and Ice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have lived in the north, and the south. All things considered, I like living where there is so little snow and ice that the city doesn't have enough equipment to handle it, and folks don't see it enough to really have the experience on how to drive in it.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the world would be safer if the 2wd'ers would just stay home and out of the way. Us 4wd'ers got this sheet figured out.

:laughup::laugh6::lmfao::pms2:

IF all the 4wd'ers had it figured out, that would be great! Problem is, they don't. And, the ones who think they have it figured out, but don't, are a major part of the problem!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know how people say "It's not me I'm worried about; it's the other guy". Well, that would be me. I'm that guy. I'm just smart enough to know I can't drive worth a crap on snow and/or ice, so I stay my old non ice-drivin' self home.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why all the hate on Oklahomans?

Just because you come from somewhere there is more snow or ice don't make you a better driver. In fact, its usually the exact opposite.

posted via Tapatalk

Last edited:

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Weather like this I miss "Spike the Ice Bike", a fixed gear mountain bike I built with homemade studded snow tires. Spike's tires held onto the ice like grim death, and slowing down from 8-10 mph was as easy as putting a little back pressure on the pedals. I miss ole Spike.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's always fun reading every year about this time Okies bashing other Okies for sucking at winter driving.

Living in Des Moines and in northern CA 7k ft up in the mountains they do the same thing there and it's just as funny. A buddy of mine lives in Anchorage and he does it on his Facebook page too. He rides a Harley 3 wheeler around in the winter.

My ol lady was born in Minnesota but raised mostly in Tulsa and she can do it right- she's our designated winter driver.

We own a FWD 2wd Honda SUV (hers), a lifted K5 4X4, a lifted S10 Blazer 4X4, a Mitsubishi AWD-4X4 SUV, a GMC RWD 2wd SUV, and 2 RWD sports cars. She always prefers her little Honda FWD 2WD SUV to anything else we have and she is usually the only person at the office in bad weather in the city and we live rural. I stay home. I had enough of winter driving up in Iowa and up on that mountain to know that I'm best at home safe with the dogs.

In CA where we live the CHP puts up road blocks at the bottom in the foothills and requires chains on ALL vehicles past there. Sucks if you go up and down several times a day getting out and putting them on and taking them back off. And my big azz K5 4X4 still gets stuck in my driveway in all of that soft snow. There is no ice problem up on the mountain, it's the powder, measured in FEET.

My first winter storm in OK I came back to the Tulsa Billiards Palace in the morning where I had left my car the night before to find my RWD Toyota Supra twin turbo buried in snow on top of ice. My date got it out for me and up on the road where I got it stuck again. I just left it in OK and flew back to CA. I came back and married that gal that summer.

on the road...tapatalkn

Last edited:

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
image.jpeg
Why all the hate on Oklahomans?

Just because you come from somewhere there is more snow or ice don't make you a better driver. In fact, its usually the exact opposite.

posted via Tapatalk

No hate here. Just want everyone to arrive alive. That ice can get anyone. Two moose locked in battle still couldn't survive the ice. It's a cold blooded killer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom