Oklahoma City attorney arrested, accused of lewd acts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If he would have represented her we would have never heard about this and he would have got off with no charges. Wonder how many other he has pulled this off on?

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does that mean he'll get off (just not with her any more) since she wasn't his client?

It would be tricky, because the standard is typically what the client (or "not"-client) might reasonably believe. If he was having sex with her under the false pretense of representing her, then he could have more ethical violations.

On another note, I know you guys like to joke about lawyers. God knows there are members of this profession that are walking endorsements of those jokes. However, most of us are just trying to make a living doing a pretty stressful and consuming job. I've had personal experience with bad lawyers, and they are an embarrassment to all of us who try to do things the right way.

The Oklahoma Bar Association does a very good job of going after bad lawyers. Every month, there are lawyers who are disciplined or disbarred. The stories you may hear from people about a"good old boy system," simply are not true. People who spout those positions typically have some sort of axe to grind, or they simply do not understand the process.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good post JB. I have two brothers that are attorneys and have heard some wild tales. Those involved are in... another profession.

Latest posts

Top Bottom