Oklahoma City GC 3-gun 1/16/2011

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you need more than one 30 round AR mag on any one stage you are doing a lot if missing. Actually we had a few stages that were 28-30 rounds to force a mag change or a lot of us bring a PMag with a Nordic extension to make them 48 rounders.

Pistol is usually the least shooting of all 3 guns. 20 rounds is a lot if shootingon any one stage. Most of us run mag extensions on our mags for 23 rounds of 9mm or 20 rounds of 40.

I usually bring 100 rounds of all 3 guns just to make sure I can have extra ammo in case of a reshoot and so I can have extra ammo on my belt.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to try to make this one. I have all the gear if I can figure out how to set it all up on my belt. Pistol mag pouches, shotgun shell holders and ar mag holders all on one belt? I guess from Jesse's earlier post I can just get one mag extension for the pistol and shoot one mag and get rid of the pistol mag holders. That will free up a lot of space.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I run two 6 round shotshell holders slightly left of center in front, two mag holders on my left hip, and one AR mag holder in my left butt cheek. That gets me by. If not I can stick an extra pistol or AR mag in my back and front pocket.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's a decent entry level shotgun for this?
I'd love to have a Benelli M2/M4, but that's not going to happen right now.
I think I should be set for gear, except in the Shotgun dept.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This one is purty good. I've used it in several 3 guns. It's light and easy to load. Accurate with slugs and the modified choke makes knocking down steel easy. Holds 9 +1.

http://www.okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103496

I'm selling it to help pay for my new FN SLP MK1.

If you're wanting an auto, I'd say save your monies and ask Santa really nicely. Autos aren't cheap but they're worth it. A pump will get you by for the time being. And it will allow you to see if 3 gun is a sport you want to drop that kind of cash on for an auto.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's a decent entry level shotgun for this?
I'd love to have a Benelli M2/M4, but that's not going to happen right now.
I think I should be set for gear, except in the Shotgun dept.

Mossberg 930, but you will need a mag extension as a bare minimum in the upgrade dept. If you really need something cheap just get an 870 or Benelli Nova pump.

Edit: Well there ya go., You're set...

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd kinda like to get into an auto.
I know what you're saying about seeing if 3 gun is for me or not.
But, c'mon, you get ot shoot 3 guns. How can that be wrong?

I guess my question should've been what's a good entry level auto loader to get started with? I've got a 12ga. bird gun, but I'm not sure if I can put a mag extension on it or not, I'll have to look. I also need to check to see if I can run slugs in it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom