Oklahoma City GC 3-gun 1/16/2011

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What kind of gun is it?

Just to clear things up, there is not an entry level shotgun. You can get an 11-87 that will run for a few days, an 1100 is proven but takes a hell of a lot of maintenance to keep running. Find a used benelli with a 21-26" barrel, shorter preferred. You should be able to find one in the $600 range, slap a Nordic extension tube on it and you are done.

M

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What kind of gun is it?

Just to clear things up, there is not an entry level shotgun. You can get an 11-87 that will run for a few days, an 1100 is proven but takes a hell of a lot of maintenance to keep running. Find a used benelli with a 21-26" barrel, shorter preferred. You should be able to find one in the $600 range, slap a Nordic extension tube on it and you are done.

M

I bought a used Daly Field Model when a buddy invited me dove hunting. I'm not much of a shotgun guy, so I didn't have anything to use. I bought this just to have fun with them & I did.

I know this isn't a shotgun that'll perform for 3-gun which is why I asked my question. If I could get a used Benelli semi for $600 I'd be all over it. I've not seen them in that range though. I surely can't drop $1200+ on something. I was thinking about a Rem. 1000 tactical, but am open to any & all suggestions. I'm planning on looking around at Wanenmacher's this weekend, maybe I can get lucky.

Latest posts

Top Bottom