Oklahoma City police chief laments criminals' access to military-style guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

man of many calibers

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just one of the many many reasons why a lot of people at his department do not like him. Its a shame that he is branding the depatment with this, because people too frequently associate a chief's comments with the feel of the individual officers.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone needs to ask the chief exactly what features of military style assault rifles need to be banned. (serious)

"It's those shoulder thingys that go up, isn't it?" (not serious)

Risky_Rooster

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why the fear of military assault rifles anyways? In the case of the officer, the article stated "outgunned". Personally, If I was forced to choose a weapon to get shot at with behind a car door, I'd pick the ar-15 over a 308 or 30-06 deer rifle any day.

Once again, because its a platform used by the military, we have to deal with the label "military assault rifle". I can't wait till Arnold hits someone with his hummer and we have a ban "military assault vehicles" as well :brick:

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't understand the point of his statements; I understand the Officer was 'outgunned', but isn't that more of a local circumstance than a global condition?

God Bless the LEO who was devistated by the AR.

OldCurlyWolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you don't like what he said, express it to Hizzoner the Mayor and demand he fire the idiot. Make sure you have an OKC address or Cornet will ignore it.

:scream:

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's the same gun control whines we've been hearing for ages.

"I'm not against guns, I just don't see why civilians need to own assault rifles, etc, etc."
I'm not against cars, I just don't see why you need to own a porsche.
Moral of the story: I can hit you with a darn geo metro and it can kill you. A musket can be lethal. It's not the gun, it's the perception of the gun.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
quoting my brother who is retired ocpd

"It seems hypocritical of Oklahoma City Chief of Police Bill Citty to want new laws making it tougher for people to get assault weapons due to the cowardly attack on Officer Katie Lawson. It is already illegal for illegal imagrants to have such weapons and to be here. Bill Citty refused to enforce the states illegal immigration law. It would have been very difficult for those Illegal Immigrants to shoot Katie Lawson from their own country."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom