Oklahoma City police chief laments criminals' access to military-style guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Officer Rominger killed in car crash chasing convicted felon
Officer Tooman killed by a convicted felon using 6 shot revolver
Officer Boyd killed by a convicted felon using 6 shot revolver
Detective Ward killed by a convicted felon using 6 shot revolver (Wards)
Officer Chamblin killed by a convicted felon using a 6 shot revolver
Officer Ratikan killed by a felon using a 25 automatic
Officer Dragus killed in a car crash chasing a felon

That is the OCPD officers killed since 1971. 40 years.

The common theme is not the weapon. Not an assault weapon, military weapon in the bunch. Just brave men and women doing their job facing those that the system turns loose over and over. Awful easy to blame the weapon instead of the person behind it.

This is one of the most informative posts I've ever read on OSA.

sigsilly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
North of the Red River, South of the Cimarron
It is more than probable The Oklahoman misquoted Bill Citty to best suit their editor's point of view.
The news media does that all the time.
I'm not saying Bill Citty does or doesn't dislike citizens carrying firearms, I'm just saying the newspaper put down what they wanted the article to say.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Officer Rominger killed in car crash chasing convicted felon
Officer Tooman killed by a convicted felon using 6 shot revolver
Officer Boyd killed by a convicted felon using 6 shot revolver
Detective Ward killed by a convicted felon using 6 shot revolver (Wards)
Officer Chamblin killed by a convicted felon using a 6 shot revolver
Officer Ratikan killed by a felon using a 25 automatic
Officer Dragus killed in a car crash chasing a felon

That is the OCPD officers killed since 1971. 40 years.

The common theme is not the weapon. Not an assault weapon, military weapon in the bunch. Just brave men and women doing their job facing those that the system turns loose over and over. Awful easy to blame the weapon instead of the person behind it.

This post plus 1000. I dont understand why its always blamed on an inanimate object. We live in a cruel world and there will always be people who kill other people for whatever reason. It has always been that way and always will be. If not with a gun then with whatever they can, spears, cars, poison, bare hands. I dont understand why the media doesnt focus on the "human" aspect of things.

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What? The Oklahoman is very conservative. Certainly much more so than the Tulsa world.

Yes, they are more conservative than the Tulsa World, which ain't saying much. I'm 68 years old and can remember when the Oklahoman was a conservative paper. Over the years this has shifted, with each new editor. They are still somewhat conservative (finanacially),. if it benefits the Gaylord family and associates, think mayor, city council, chamber of commerce etc. On other issues not so....much

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This post plus 1000. I dont understand why its always blamed on an inanimate object. We live in a cruel world and there will always be people who kill other people for whatever reason. It has always been that way and always will be. If not with a gun then with whatever they can, spears, cars, poison, bare hands. I dont understand why the media doesnt focus on the "human" aspect of things.

One reason to bash gun rights might be that it makes you look good if you are a police chief thinking about making a career move to another city. It establishes your credibility if you want to be hired by the mayor of another city.

FlimFlam

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One reason to bash gun rights might be that it makes you look good if you are a police chief thinking about making a career move to another city. It establishes your credibility if you want to be hired by the mayor of another city.

California can have him for free, if they come get him right now.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
all okc residents should call the chiefs office and tell him to just do his job.had he enforced Oklahoma's illegal immagration laws the people who shot Officer lawson likely wouldn't have even been here

Reaction score
Both saddlebum AND his brother are wise men.

I say WRITE a letter to Mick Cornett. CC every member of the city council, and CC Mr. Citty himself. Be polite but firm and factual!!! Let 'em have it, guys - I'm going to.

In a very pro-gun state like OK, there is NO reason why we ought not be able to crush like a bug an anti-gun, anti-freedom tool like Bill Citty! Let's send his stupid butt on his way to Chicago or someplace like that where he'd fit in better. Well, really a Mayberry-like town outside of Chicago makes more sense, as he's direly deserving of a demotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom