Oklahoma City police chief laments criminals' access to military-style guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, I'm guessing the chief is wanting to ban ALL assault weapons used by the military?
So, I'm thinking he is wanting to ban this military assault weapon back in its day?

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_S278.jpg

Coltcombat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's he got agains Mosin-Nagants, Mausers and Garands?

He says he against "military rifles". Hhmmm.. Sounds like he's against "black high cap' rifles". Maybe he should take his Obama for prez button off and put the badge back on. Can anyone name one instance where a gun control law stopped a criminal from getting ahold of a gun. Sounds like he is getting political. He needs to be fired...

And AR-15's not being practical...
Them tell me what is practical sir...
What can I legally own in your opinion...
What do you think it is practical.(my over penetrating deer rifle?) Define practical in America?

Why your officers defend themselves with an AR, shotgun, pistol, etc.. but I cannot defend my home with 2 kids and wife with one?

Get out of here you idiot...

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I guess there is no practical reason for any car to have the ability to go over 40 mph if it would save lives. I bet cars have hurt and killed more innocent people in Oklahoma than guns did last year, just guessing, but would really like to know. What else could we take away from people because it's not practical. Who really needs a swimming pool?

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess there is no practical reason for any car to have the ability to go over 40 mph if it would save lives. I bet cars have hurt and killed more innocent people in Oklahoma than guns did last year, just guessing, but would really like to know. What else could we take away from people because it's not practical. Who really needs a swimming pool?
Good Point.
And we don't even have an explicit constitutional right to fast cars and swimming pools like we do for firearms.

I think this is one of those 'nobody needs a gun like that' argument made by people who already have their 'guns like that'.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its times like these when elitist politicians and the few elitist law enforcement officials show their true colors. Politicians prefer unarmed peasants and apparently so do some in the law enforcement community.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Officer Rominger killed in car crash chasing convicted felon
Officer Tooman killed by a convicted felon using 6 shot revolver
Officer Riggs killed by a convicted felon using 6 shot revolver
Detective Ward killed by a convicted felon using 6 shot revolver (Wards)
Officer Chamblin killed by a convicted felon using a 6 shot revolver
Officer Ratikan killed by a felon using a 25 automatic
Officer Dragus killed in a car crash chasing a felon

That is the OCPD officers killed since 1971. 40 years.

The common theme is not the weapon. Not an assault weapon, military weapon in the bunch. Just brave men and women doing their job facing those that the system turns loose over and over. Awful easy to blame the weapon instead of the person behind it.

Coltcombat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Words of wisdom

Officer Rominger killed in car crash chasing convicted felon
Officer Tooman killed by a convicted felon using 6 shot revolver
Officer Boyd killed by a convicted felon using 6 shot revolver
Detective Ward killed by a convicted felon using 6 shot revolver (Wards)
Officer Chamblin killed by a convicted felon using a 6 shot revolver
Officer Ratikan killed by a felon using a 25 automatic
Officer Dragus killed in a car crash chasing a felon

That is the OCPD officers killed since 1971. 40 years.

The common theme is not the weapon. Not an assault weapon, military weapon in the bunch. Just brave men and women doing their job facing those that the system turns loose over and over. Awful easy to blame the weapon instead of the person behind it.

jm838

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a better idea. Why don't we just penalize murderers with torture? Breaking wheel time! I mean, really, why not? Apparently it's okay to s*** all over the constitution anyway, so by his standards torture should be just fine. It would definitely be a more effective way to stop mass murders.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
quoting my brother who is retired ocpd

"It seems hypocritical of Oklahoma City Chief of Police Bill Citty to want new laws making it tougher for people to get assault weapons due to the cowardly attack on Officer Katie Lawson. It is already illegal for illegal imagrants to have such weapons and to be here. Bill Citty refused to enforce the states illegal immigration law. It would have been very difficult for those Illegal Immigrants to shoot Katie Lawson from their own country."

Oh the irony!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom