Oklahoma City Public Schools chooses Seattle-area man for superintendent post

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dodahdude

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was around Federal Way Wa. for a couple of years not to long ago. Let's just hope he does not get the job... Just saying. Talk about diversity! I've never seen so many freaks gathered in one area in my life!

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish him well. OKC schools are in bad shape with the demographic changes, aging structures, low academic scores, increased expectations, etc. He will need lots of support.

Cedar Creek

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think there are a lot of schools that are getting bad nowadays. I went to south rock creek school here in Shawnee and it has always been a top academic school. But they aren't doing so great anymore. They care more about pushing more work on students than actually getting results. My son has adhd very badly and is struggling very much on school. He is having a hard time with reading and spelling as well as some math. I have spoken with several people at the school and I get nowhere. The only thing they ever tell me is that is the curriculum. I say, screw the curriculum. If a child is struggling why in the world would you continue to shove new things down their throat? Makes no sense. He is doing things I didn't learn how til the 5th grade. It amazes me how much they try and cram in to students. In my opinion this is really hurting schools and school children. A family friend of mine is a state senator and he recently wrote an article in the paper talking about this very thing. He doesn't agree with how much is being taught to children these days. He was a teacher for over 37 years and he has a ph.d in government.

Latest posts

Top Bottom