Oklahoma Governor's Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who will it be?

• Stitt

Votes: 171 91.0%
  • Joy

Votes: 17 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I see an endorsement and praise from the OEA, that's a huge red flag. They seem pretty much crazy.

There's a difference in teaching history vs using it as a tool to advance your current ideology. For example, slavery curriculum should obviously be taught. What I'm not ok with is teaching my kids they should feel guilt for it because of the pigment in their skin.

The divisiveness of the left is disgusting.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes they do, but there are still teachers out there that follow the Constitution. They are held back by union rules but manage to sneak in some inconvenient truths occasionally. Our friends have two daughters that are in the education system. One is a principal of a grade school and the other is a teacher in middle school. Both ultra conservatives. One may carry a concealed firearm on the job with permission of the school board. That person gets free time at our range.
Im sure there are some. But not the majority. Or even a large minority. The OEA has convinced, even non union members, that Republicans are the enemy and not school friendly.

I know a very conservative guy that works for the Federal DOT. Great guy, but it doesn't change the fact the 99% of Federal bureaucrats are lizards and always vote D.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I see an endorsement and praise from the OEA, that's a huge red flag. They seem pretty much crazy.

There's a difference in teaching history vs using it as a tool to advance your current ideology. For example, slavery curriculum should obviously be taught. What I'm not ok with is teaching my kids they should feel guilt for it because of the pigment in their skin.

Well said

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hopefully she'd consolidate school administration positions so those salaries can be used to hire teachers that districts actually need. Then maybe those newly consolidated admins can focus on developing a consistent curriculum that teaches actual history and deals with those who can't handle it.
Ryan has said he wants less money to go to administration and more to classrooms. I saw him say it on a video (can't find it right now) but here's an article that quotes him.

“We need to ensure that teachers are getting money in the classroom, teachers are getting money into their teacher pay, that we’re not continuing to increase administration around the state,” Walters said. “We continue to invest in education, but the investment is going to bureaucracy.”

https://www.cnhinews.com/oklahoma/article_416bce2c-1fea-11ed-9c2e-e318195cb78b.html

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ryan has said he wants less money to go to administration and more to classrooms. I saw him say it on a video (can't find it right now) but here's an article that quotes him.

https://www.cnhinews.com/oklahoma/article_416bce2c-1fea-11ed-9c2e-e318195cb78b.html

Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im sure there are some. But not the majority. Or even a large minority. The OEA has convinced, even non union members, that Republicans are the enemy and not school friendly.

How exactly has to OEA done this? How much time do you think teachers have to sit around and complain about things all day? What do you think rules their take on various situations? The issues they face and deal with every day or something posted in a break room that they don't have time to read?

I know a very conservative guy that works for the Federal DOT. Great guy, but it doesn't change the fact the 99% of Federal bureaucrats are lizards and always vote D.

What exactly is a Federal bureaucrat?

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's great if he wants to do something like that, but it's not great of him to claim he wants to get indoctrination out of classrooms by implementing some of his own.
I can see how mandating Hillsdale training can be overboard. As long as there is no diversity equity and inclusion training required by schools, and I think the law forbids that.
So I'll give you that.
But I think the Hillsdale training (or something like it, more traditional history) should be available and encouraged, if the OEA is encouraging the social justice resources that they are.
I know your wife isn't in the OEA, good on her.
If she disagrees with the OEA social justice stances I hope she might encourage other teachers who are OEA members to reconsider.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

The OEA isn't something my wife and I talk about so I don't know if they're any more crazy than some of the junk Walters has said or not.

I agree. As I said before, history teachers should teach history. Just be honest about what happened and leave it at that. How that makes a student feel should be decided by the student alone. I'm sure there are those "teachers" out there who pull stunts to grab attention and do exactly what you dislike. Those teachers should be dealt with appropriately. It shouldn't take a state law to tell them to leave their opinions at the door and stick to the state approved curriculum.

Divisiveness of any kind from anyone is disgusting. So are hypocrites.

Latest posts

Top Bottom