Oklahoma Governor's Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who will it be?

• Stitt

Votes: 171 91.0%
  • Joy

Votes: 17 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can see how mandating Hillsdale training can be overboard. As long as there is no diversity equity and inclusion training required by schools, and I think the law forbids that.
So I'll give you that.
But I think the Hillsdale training (or something like it, more traditional history) should be available and encouraged, if the OEA is encouraging the social justice resources that they are.
I know your wife isn't in the OEA, good on her.
If she disagrees with the OEA social justice stances I hope she might encourage other teachers who are OEA members to reconsider.

I'm just fed up with the right playing to the base of the right and the left doing the same. If a politician can't "play" to all people of the state they shouldn't bother. We need to figure out how to compromise and take the good with the bad.

Honestly, I don't know that the OEA even crosses their minds from one day to the next. They can't get substitutes to show up and have had to split classes more in the last 2 weeks than in the previous 2 months. Her 3rd grade team has had their hands full with 30+ kids.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How exactly has to OEA done this? How much time do you think teachers have to sit around and complain about things all day? What do you think rules their take on various situations? The issues they face and deal with every day or something posted in a break room that they don't have time to read?

What exactly is a Federal bureaucrat?
Yes. The OEA has a huge influence. Holy **** man. There is a reason teachers are in lock step with few exceptions

Any non elected drone. Especially paper pushers. Complete waste of resources.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes. The OEA has a huge influence. Holy **** man. There is a reason teachers are in lock step with few exceptions
Right or wrong I think the OEA has become the face of public school teachers in OK. They boast 30k or more members, and their spokesperson is who the local news stations frequently interview on school issues.

JH47

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see a trend which is over 90% for Stitt in this poll.

I also notice .gov employees and anyone that says “my …. is/was a teacher” hates Stitt and his appointees. This makes me so happy we homeschooled all 3 kids.

Man my vote for Stitt is as hard as my 17 year old morning wood was!
I'm a Federal employee, my wife and two of my sisters are teachers...I'm voting for Stitt.
I went to grade school and high school with Jena. I haven't seen any substance in her platform. A lot of generalities, and playing up her "rural" roots. I know where she leans on issues that I don't want showing up in my kids' classrooms. I will not be voting for her.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I was agreeing with you, OEA has a lot of power.
:-)
anim_beer.gif

Too much.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im sure there are some. But not the majority. Or even a large minority. The OEA has convinced, even non union members, that Republicans are the enemy and not school friendly.

I know a very conservative guy that works for the Federal DOT. Great guy, but it doesn't change the fact the 99% of Federal bureaucrats are lizards and always vote D.
I actually disagree with the OEA convincing all union members are Republicans and not school friendly in our location I guess.
I have zero clue how many are union members but Okla is a right to work state and are not required to be a member of the union which I do understand offers some benefits with health care insurance, etc and so on as long as you are a member.
The small number of teachers that I do know now are very conservative and while they may be union members which I don't know, they are probably forced to keep their beliefs to themselves to retain those benefits the union offers.
But, as I said earlier, they do offer some tidbits of the real truth to their students and refuse to teach some of the woke BS. We have been in long discussions about what is going on in schools today, and they don't like it.
It's just not the two sisters we know but we attend lots of social functions (parties) where their circle of friends include other teachers.
Maybe our smaller town location makes the difference. I don't know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom