Oklahoma HB1059 - SDA Amendment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took a quick read and yes...this person is trying to make OC illegal, iMHO, except for accidental exposure.
If this is true, then Rep. McCullough needs to be voted out quickly.
IMHO we need to be mindful of anti-2A folks in our state trying to exploit the national hysteria by proposing their own crap.
We need to keep any eye on this and maybe start a campaign to call our state reps if this garbage has any legs at all, which I hope it doesn't.
Thanks for bringing it to all our attention!
:)

kerryt1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I got from scanning it:

• OC not legal
• Legal to carry in schools and parks
• Violators with a permit get a misdemeanor instead of a felony.

JRF01

Marksman
Reaction score
Ok guys and gals, here is this individuals contact info in case anyone wants to let him know that his idea is a bad one

Capitol Address:
2300 N. Lincoln Blvd.
Room 435A
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
(405) 557-7414

Legislative Assistant:

Dana Reyna
(405) 557-7414

Email:

[email protected]

cray

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I got from scanning it:

• OC not legal
• Legal to carry in schools and parks
• Violators with a permit get a misdemeanor instead of a felony.

Yeah, I read it that way too; it's interesting, since OC came along, a couple establishments I frequent, which were OK with CC, now have posted "No Guns" signs. Wonder if some proprieters are sensitive to OC .. I'm confident they were pro CC. Possibly like minded folks have pinged the legislator?
I'll make it a point to stop by and ask 'em.
cray

CoachR64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe I read it wrong, but I did not get it was ok at schools, but it struck down the provision banning concealed firearms in parked vehicles on campus. As a teacher, I need to read this again and be certain of what it says. Granted, I don't like this law due to any restrictions on gun rights. I am not a fan of open carry (personal choice of blending in and having the tactical advantage of surprise) but I strongly oppose any legislation that restricts gun rights.

Latest posts

Top Bottom