Oklahoma SB1081, Oklahoma resistant to Federal Red Flag laws?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How would you like your collection of Wilson's, Nighthawk's, Knight's or Larue's thrown in a box and tossed into the evidence room. Not to mention the police taking your weapons out for a fun shoot over the wknd. Makes me sick thinking about it.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How would you like your collection of Wilson's, Nighthawk's, Knight's or Larue's thrown in a box and tossed into the evidence room. Not to mention the police taking your weapons out for a fun shoot over the wknd. Makes me sick thinking about it.

I know a guy who had something like this, not due to a red flag law, happen to him. Got accused of something, police took his custom firearm and when the charges were dropped he got the firearm back damaged. The parts are no longer available so the firearm is pretty much destroyed. Of course trying to compensated for it is like pulling hens teeth because its value is worthless to the evidence room.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Red flag laws present due process issues. Take weapons first then provide for a hearing.The gun owner must prove he/she is entitled to their property by showing they do not come within the stautory scheme for seizure. Those statutory schemes will vary by state. The burden of proof may well vary.
Allegations by people who don't like you can result in weapons seized. Such laws might keep weapons out of the hands of persons who are dangerous but will no doubt harm a large number of innocent individuals.
Trust me, red flag laws won’t keep guns out of dangerous people’s hands. It they want a gun they will get one. Red flag laws didn’t stop Newtown. Wouldn’t have stopped Aurora. Wouldn’t have stopped Columbine. Wouldn’t have stopped Vegas. Wouldn’t have stopped parkland. These “laws” are designed to illegally seize weapons from folks that haven’t done anything wrong. Some people say this sounds good but I disagree. The whole deal sounds bad. I don’t buy into the lies we are fed about “safety”. That is what the government are experts at. They always use safety to manipulate people to support the bill. It isn’t about safety one bit. They don’t give a rats rear about our safety. They want more power and control over us. That’s it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom