Oklahoma Senator Introduces Bill to Criminalize Abortion as First-Degree Murder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Murder is the killing of another human being.

unlawful killing of another human being. abortion is not unlawful in the united states and you've made it clear you're real educated™ so i can only assume you are being intellectually dishonest in a weak appeal to emotion.

Upon conception, you have the right to life.

not here you don't. maybe you're thinking of nicaragua or iran?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand your position. I'm just saying that i feel that i need to do everything in my power to protect life. I believe we should protect the unborn.

So if you protect the life of others, what do you do to protect children that have been born?

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So if you protect the life of others, what do you do to protect children that have been born?
I've done volunteer work and donated to several charities, but i mean, this is a matter of policy position. As a matter of policy and conscious, i believe Abortion should be criminalized.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've done volunteer work and donated to several charities, but i mean, this is a matter of policy position. As a matter of policy and conscious, i believe Abortion should be criminalized.

How does that protect life? In your opinion? Life, especially a little one needs quite a bit more than a few donations and a few hours here or there. In this policy position have you followed through with any conviction and tried to foster or adopt a child?

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How does that protect life? In your opinion? Life, especially a little one needs quite a bit more than a few donations and a few hours here or there. In this policy position have you followed through with any conviction and tried to foster or adopt a child?

I pay taxes, all of society is responsible for those children. Do i adopt children? No, i'm not in a position to adopt children right now. I don't think it's a valid argument that you must have adopted children to be able to disagree with abortion.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I pay taxes, all of society is responsible for those children. Do i adopt children? No, i'm not in a position to adopt children right now. I don't think it's a valid argument that you must have adopted children to be able to disagree with abortion.

You pay taxes lol? Paying taxes isn't a magic talisman to raising a child properly. "All of society is responsible for those children?" Interesting. Ever seen what kind of condition some of those foster kids are in? Try spending some time with some of these kids and get back to me. Tell me we take care of these kids properly and we can handle the load that we have in the world.

I didn't say that you must have adopted children to disagree. I'm asking what you've done since you say you do everything in your power to "protect life." I'm just getting a good measure of what that entails. Not much. Just curious.... Are you planning to adopt? How about foster?

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You pay taxes lol? Paying taxes isn't a magic talisman to raising a child properly. "All of society is responsible for those children?" Interesting. Ever seen what kind of condition some of those foster kids are in? Try spending some time with some of these kids and get back to me. Tell me we take care of these kids properly and we can handle the load that we have in the world.

I didn't say that you must have adopted children to disagree. I'm asking what you've done since you say you do everything in your power to "protect life." I'm just getting a good measure of what that entails. Not much. Just curious.... Are you planning to adopt? How about foster?

Do i plan on adopting/fostering kids? I don't know. It's not impossible. I don't think it would be right though, because i am unmarried(girlfriend, no wife.) A child needs both a mother and a father.

I'm not saying the government can't do more to help foster kids. I think it's important. Given my current situation(rather destitute college student), i can barely care for myself, financially.

This isn't a question of what i can personally do to help children, though i do what i can through donations and volunteer work, really it will never make up for a child having a proper home with a mother and father. I am simply saying that, as a matter of government and social policy, we should do what we can to preserve life and protect it. Protecting the unborn is the very first thing we must do.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wait a sec.... you're telling someone what they can or can't do with their body. Many times this is a single mother... but you won't adopt or foster because you're single yourself? too young? in college? or financially unable? A child needs a mother and father blah blah blah... Don't see any irony here? LOL.

I guess there's just no "I" in "We" though eh? Good thing you feel you can tell others what to do with their lives, when you won't or can't step up and do the same.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wait a sec.... you're telling someone what they can or can't do with their body. Many times this is a single mother... but you won't adopt or foster because you're single yourself? too young? in college? or financially unable? A child needs a mother and father blah blah blah... Don't see any irony here? LOL.

I guess there's just no "I" in "We" though eh? Good thing you feel you can tell others what to do with their lives, when you won't or can't step up and do the same.

You're ignoring an important component of that, though. Unless those women were raped/molested, they chose to engage in the activity that brought the child to bear. Unless that child is Jesus Christ, they do not appear out of nowhere. If you engage in sexual relations, that is your business. But what becomes of that business, is your responsibility.

Just like choosing to drive a car. You're responsible if you hit somebody in the process.

Latest posts

Top Bottom