Oklahoma Senator Introduces Bill to Criminalize Abortion as First-Degree Murder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're ignoring an important component of that, though. Unless those women were raped/molested, they chose to engage in the activity that brought the child to bear. Unless that child is Jesus Christ, they do not appear out of nowhere. If you engage in sexual relations, that is your business. But what becomes of that business, is your responsibility.

I'm not ignoring anything. Some people feel they have the right to their own body and life. You feel that you have a say on those issues because of your religion. Well, I'm just pointing out that you're all talk in this case. You're not a protector of life as you say, as you make no real effort to take care of the living children.

We can go back and forth all day about what is the responsible thing to do, and where life truly begins. No point in that. What I do know is that should someone decide to have a child, you won't be there to help outside of paying taxes or volunteering some time. In which you said it's "society's problem" but it seems "we" have a society of individuals that won't step up to the plate and take care of what we have. Lots of people not practicing what they preach.

Last edited:

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm not saying the government can't do more to help foster kids. I think it's important.
Agreed, the government should do everything it can to help those foster kids. We should probably raise taxes.
Given my current situation(rather destitute college student), i can barely care for myself, financially.
Do those that are able to afford it bear a greater responsibility? #occupy

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
what if your gf gets pregnant and you have to drop out of clown college and pick up an extra shift at the burger barn to pay for the baby? what if it's twins? how will you have time to be an activist?

do you only do butt stuff? are you irish? so many questions.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To say that those are the only reasons to terminate a pregnancy is a gross oversimplification. And to say that it's an easy thing to decide would seem to imply little contact with anyone who has actually had to made that decision. I have no doubt it's an easy decision for some, but to say it's easy or simple for all is incorrect.

There are any number of medical reasons that force couples (not just single women) into heart wrenching decisions.

And to say that a child would be better off in the foster system is shocking. While i wont pretend to know what that child's life would or would not turn out to be, to think that our system is a place for a child is flat wrong.

Considering how hard many states make adoption, especially for same sex couples, it is clear that the 'oh just adopt' crowd things it is easier than it actually is. And as i type this my son (adopted) is playing in the next room.

I think it's a great thing to want a world without abortion, but as others have noted, many of the best ways to reduce unplanned pregnancies are often severely restricted.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
cdn.thedailybeast.com_content_dailybeast_articles_2016_09_08_pe69da1a3b758d0a2a27dbf568ad3a597.jpg

WITCH HUNT
Planned Parenthood ‘Fetal Tissue’ Investigation Finds Nothing
An $800,000 investigation into Planned Parenthood’s alleged ‘fetal tissue profit’ has come up empty-handed.

The investigations into Planned Parenthood’s practice of fetal tissue donation are running up quite a tab. Meanwhile, the man who prompted them has not received a single fine.

After anti-abortion activist and Center for Medical Progress founder David Daleiden alleged in a series of undercover videos last year that Planned Parenthood was selling donated fetal tissue for a profit, Republican-led investigations quickly followed and they have not been cheap.

The House Energy and Commerce Committee panel investigating Planned Parenthood is on track to spend at least $790,000, according to a recent report from Rewire. In addition to the previous congressional investigations into Planned Parenthood, a dozen states have also found room in their budgets for taxpayer-funded inquiries of their own. Texas alone has spent at least $47,000 on what the Austin Chronicle has labeled a “witch hunt.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...fetal-tissue-investigation-finds-nothing.html

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well if the Daily Beast or other apologist for the baby killing folks at PP say so ….

Considering that The Daily Beast tried to sell how women who choose abortion to kill the child that they are carrying get Post Abortion Stress Syndrome from those that are pro-life, why not believe them?

Fact is that PP execs were caught on tape trying to sell fetal tissue. While they may have skirted a law (or two) to do this and at this point it may not be “criminal”, it sure is barbaric.

That said, your proverbial mileage may indeed vary. You may think that choosing to kill a child and casually toss what is left of his/her body in a waste basket is simply no different than choosing “dog” on the menu at the local Cambodian restaurant. Some may find that repulsive but you may find it tasty. But that still does not change the fact that people from PP were caught talking about how they harvest the parts from the babies they kill.

The Daily Beast and Austin Chronicle probably think that Hillary Clinton is honest too. Well, if they say so …

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
let's hear it from you folks that think ALL abortions should be illegal?
are you willing to take care of a zika/microcephaly child for life?

=========

Zika virus
84 Pregnant Women in Florida Have Tested Positive for Zika
At least 1 baby has been born with microcephaly

Sep 9, 2016 5:33 AM CDT

Not only are locally acquired Zika cases on the rise in Florida, but 84 pregnant women have tested positive for the virus in the state, including at least 15 who've already given birth, say health officials. It isn't clear how many of those pregnancies had complications, but doctors confirmed this week that a baby was born with microcephaly at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, reports WPLG. Details on the pregnancies weren't disclosed, so it was unclear how many of the cases, if any, were local versus travel-related. Excluding the pregnant women, officials say a total of 56 people have contracted the virus within Florida, mostly in Miami-Dade County, per WJXT. There are another 604 travel-related cases in the state.

http://www.newser.com/story/230859/84-pregnant-women-in-florida-have-zika.html?utm_source=part&utm_medium=sony&utm_campaign=rss_latest --- news suite bit.ly/newssuiteapp

Latest posts

Top Bottom