Old colt 22 pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As I remember 2-3 hundred is what I got for mine a couple years ago. and it was a tough sale. Lot of people like them, just don't want to give anything for them.

SNAKE PLISSKEN

"The name is Plissken"
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe this will help. Like another member said a serial number would be very helpful
So just judging by the pics this pistol is probably between fair and good condition. Maybe in the $500 to $600 range? One of the grips has a chip at the bottom but that seems to be the only issue I can see

sushi & pistols

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So just judging by the pics this pistol is probably between fair and good condition. Maybe in the $500 to $600 range? One of the grips has a chip at the bottom but that seems to be the only issue I can see
I am always accused of being a lowballer because I like to go by these current price guides. But I think that would be a fair price. Side note: I sell by the same standards as I buy. :-) The photos I attached are from Gun Digest Price Guide I also have a subscription to the online Blue Book of Gun Values and it is the same as Gun Digest. Both guides are current. Good luck these are cool little pistols I have one and love it.

SNAKE PLISSKEN

"The name is Plissken"
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update: I went to take a closer look at the old colt pistol and it's even nicer in person than in the pics. But I must have gotten awestruck or had my rose colored glasses on or something cause after I brought it home I loaded it up to test fire it and when I looked down the sights to take my first shot I noticed something wasn't right. I rubbed my eyes and aimed again, and that's when I saw it, a small bulge in the barrel about 3/4 of the way down. My heart sank. After a more thorough inspection I decided to go ahead and test fire it. To my surprise, a softdrink can sitting 45 ft away went sky high when I pulled the trigger. 4 more shots offhand at 15 yds produced a sub 3 inch group. This old pistol might not be perfect but it sure does shoot like it is. I haven't made up my mind whether to keep it as is, rebarrel it, or trade it off. My question now is since the bulge does not seem to effect the accuracy, would it still be wise to install another barrel? I did find a pre woodsman target barrel online for $200. So I'm thinking it would still be within budget to get another barrel. What are your thoughts?

sushi & pistols

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update: I went to take a closer look at the old colt pistol and it's even nicer in person than in the pics. But I must have gotten awestruck or had my rose colored glasses on or something cause after I brought it home I loaded it up to test fire it and when I looked down the sights to take my first shot I noticed something wasn't right. I rubbed my eyes and aimed again, and that's when I saw it, a small bulge in the barrel about 3/4 of the way down. My heart sank. After a more thorough inspection I decided to go ahead and test fire it. To my surprise, a softdrink can sitting 45 ft away went sky high when I pulled the trigger. 4 more shots offhand at 15 yds produced a sub 3 inch group. This old pistol might not be perfect but it sure does shoot like it is. I haven't made up my mind whether to keep it as is, rebarrel it, or trade it off. My question now is since the bulge does not seem to effect the accuracy, would it still be wise to install another barrel? I did find a pre woodsman target barrel online for $200. So I'm thinking it would still be within budget to get another barrel. What are your thoughts?
My 2 cents is that if it were mine and i could rebarrel it I would. Stuff like that would bug me each time I look down the sights. If you can afford to spend 200.00 more I'd go for it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom