Old colt 22 pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rampant Colt

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_7388.jpeg
IMG_7389.jpeg
IMG_7390.jpeg

The go to site for all things Colt .22 is Bob Rayburn’s site. He and Tom Platt are as knowledgeable about them as anyone on the planet…including the Colt Archives…which doesn’t always have correct information.

Their site can be found here.

Hope this helps.

Rampant Colt

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
So here’s a “modern” Woodsman Match Target from 1975…

LogoLicious_2024.09.18-15.16.49.jpeg

….and a Huntsman from 1973.

LogoLicious_2024.10.03-13.32.36.jpeg

The Woodsman Match Target is heralded as one of the most accurate .22LR ever produced. Factory Elliason rear sight and patridge front sight.

These two examples are NIB specimens….not bad for 51 years old.

While the gun the OP posted looks like a Huntsman….and my 1973 Huntsman, it is in fact is a pre-war Woodsman.

bambihunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing to note that I haven't seen mentioned. If you normally shoot guns with 1911 grip angle, it is hard to go back and forth if you shoot both often, especially if you are trying to do them instinctively.
I have a P08 Luger and a High Standard. Every time I shoot either very much, when I go back to my usual guns, I always instinctively shoot way high. As a result, I hardly shoot them anymore. I opted for a vintage S&W 41 which is more accurate than my eyes anymore.

Latest posts

Top Bottom