• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Old manual battery charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
There is a seller on eBay selling one listed in Tulsa for 27ish dollars in fair condition. Might see if he would let you pickup in person.
Another option is harbor freight with a coupon. might also consider a lab bench power supply or convert an old computer power supply.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tractor Supply sells new ones and you can order a cheapy from Walmart if you want. I am looking for a good one that I can afford too.
Those are all automatic chargers. They suck at charging seriously discharged batteries, especially if they'll also do 6V charging--if a 12V battery gets low enough, those things will think it's a fully charged 6V battery and not do a damned thing with it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Those are all automatic chargers. They suck at charging seriously discharged batteries, especially if they'll also do 6V charging--if a 12V battery gets low enough, those things will think it's a fully charged 6V battery and not do a damned thing with it.
Unless there is a selector switch for 6V

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
It looks like amperage doesn’t matter as much as the voltage. I’ve seen videos using 12 volts and that appears to work. Official Standards appear to recommend 18-24 volts.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
68   0   0

Tractor Supply and Walmart both sell manual chargers. You just have to search for them. I am a member of an E-tank group and a lot of them buy from Tractor Supply. Walmart just has a small unit that does not handle 24/7 e-tank use.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Found this on eBay for $45 with the 10% coupon. Variable dc power supply - 30v and 10a.

F7735A30-1509-4A83-9807-CDAAD237528A.jpeg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I did it with an old battery charger and it would peg the charger right off the bat.
One of my chargers would only run for a couple minutes like that then kicked off.
I have 3 old chargers and one did work.
I found aluminum flat bar submerged worked for one lead and you need heavy wire for the other as you will fry that thin stuff.

Heavy wire was tied to the lower receiver i was doing.
70 series aluminum does not take to it very well I used Black dye and got a gold anodized lower when i was done.
The anodizing did not go very deep as you can scratch it when walking through briars etc.
Not a deal breaker. as it was better than bare aluminum.
I found acid cheapest at Napa.
https://www.okshooters.com/threads/anodized-80-lower.240931/

Latest posts

Top Bottom