one more doe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pulled the card from the only camera I still have out today. 841 pics with a deer or more in every one since Dec 26.

99% of the bigger bucks are nocturnal, smaller bucks are coming out in the daylight. Does mostly in the evening, some in the AM, but not on a regular basis. The evening shots starting at 4pm and later are 100% deer every day.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got to love it for the last hunt of the year when 3 does come in from behind the stand, down wind, the biggest one gives a nice broad side shot, then runs off 50 yards and drops. Tracking from the stand is nice!

All in all it was a frustrating season chasing a few really nice bucks. At least it ends with a full freezer. Long live the beast!!!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got to love it for the last hunt of the year when 3 does come in from behind the stand, down wind, the biggest one gives a nice broad side shot, then runs off 50 yards and drops. Tracking from the stand is nice!

All in all it was a frustrating season chasing a few really nice bucks. At least it ends with a full freezer. Long live the beast!!!!

Congrats on filling the freezer! :D

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took a doe tonight with the Xbow.

About 1600 saw a trail of dust about 3/4 mile north. Turned out to be 6 does and 4 bucks in a group. They came off the neighbor and settled in on my wheatfield.

Then 4 bucks came to the field from the east, and mixed in with the first group. One was a real pig. Heavy long beams with long thick times. Amazingly enough, nothing broken.

He never got close, but three other broken bucks came down the trail followed by the does.

As soon as the first doe big enough to shoot got close, I needed one more step, but something spooked the whole group and they bolted.

After an hour, they started filtering in again, most out of range.

One finally got in range. Took the shot. She ran about 80 yds into the wheat and collapsed. Not a single drop of blood until she fell.

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_15_01_14_e240721ccb7500b4f9d4531480362161.jpg

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well my quest for one more doe ended tonight along with my deer season. Didnt see a deer tonight but had a great season, tagged out with two nice bucks but never could shoot a doe. I'm very thankful for the deer I took and all the cool stuff I got to experience while hunting this season. I did see a bunch of wood ducks coming into the slough i was hunting tonight, I believe I'll try them in a day or so. BTW- congrats on the doe Dennis, happy for you.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats on the doe Mr Hoddy! Well done and she looks very healthy! 2 bucks in one year is an awesome season bullseye, and your doing it in a ghillie suit, that's a hell of a season in my opinion

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Sticky, I love hunting in that Ghillie. Okie 4570 the sloughs where I deer hunt have been loaded with wood ducks almost all season, havent seen another species of duck, just straight woodies. They flew in last evening and landed on the dang ice about 15 yards from me. Just sat on the ice. lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom