one more doe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
zilch for me tonight. Full moon aint helping. saw 3 yotes, couldnt get drawn dangit.

I saw 11 deer this evening from a marginal stand for a N wind, 9 doe, 2 little bucks, of course you guys are hunting for real... On public land, the deer at my farms are bed to feed, feed to bed... Very predictable, except for the shooter bucks of course

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I saw 11 deer this evening from a marginal stand for a N wind, 9 doe, 2 little bucks, of course you guys are hunting for real... On public land, the deer at my farms are bed to feed, feed to bed... Very predictable, except for the shooter bucks of course

I've been seeing 3 fairly nice bucks feeding behind a neighbors house a couple miles down the road. They've been out in the wheat field by themselves between 1-2pm. Come by there in the evening, it's just a bunch a doe feeding, no bucks.

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to Lex this morning for a sit and was only able to make it for an hour or so. Saw 9 does total including the one that almost ran me over on the way to my spot. Came within about 6 feet in front of me, the closest I've ever been to a deer that's still alive. Almost messed my pants.
The other eight were a good 200 yards away.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone going this weekend? I'm gonna get out in the morning, supposed to be 17 degrees....not looking forward to that but time is winding down, only other chance I have to get out before season ends is Sunday afternoon/evening. Good luck to anyone getting out.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to give it a try. Not sure if morning will produce, or if I should hunt mid-day, like Bulls Eye mentioned. The moon is going to have them on their feet most of the night.

Latest posts

Top Bottom