Only one "All Purpose" handgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just what I figured it would be. G19. That's my pick too. I am actually going to go grab a new Gen4 tomorrow.
Sure thought we would hear more M&P 9 though.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gotta be the lone oddball and go with a wheelgun: either a 4" S&W 686, or Ruger GP100 in .357 mag. Why? Will never fail to go boom in an "oh sh*t" moment, one of the best man-stopping rounds of all handguns, can use mild .38s for cheap plinking and target practice, could be used if need-be for any type of game in this part of the world (outside of bird hunting), not ammo-finnicky as far as feeding...... I guess I just like revolvers, and even though I'm more attached to the .44 mag, I'd chose the .357 686 or GP100 for the overall winner.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Gotta be the lone oddball and go with a wheelgun: either a 4" S&W 686, or Ruger GP100 in .357 mag. Why? Will never fail to go boom in an "oh sh*t" moment, one of the best man-stopping rounds of all handguns, can use mild .38s for cheap plinking and target practice, could be used if need-be for any type of game in this part of the world (outside of bird hunting), not ammo-finnicky as far as feeding...... I guess I just like revolvers, and even though I'm more attached to the .44 mag, I'd chose the .357 686 or GP100 for the overall winner.

Your not the only one!! SW 66!

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would want a 4" .357 Magnum revolver.

The model wouldn't be too awfully critical,,,
Ruger Security six or a GP 100 would do me just fine.

S&W Model 28 would be fine as well.

I like the reliability of a revolver,,,
I also like being able to shoot anything,,,
From dinosaur killers rounds to cream-puff loads.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
M&P 9 full size. i can conceal it just about as easy in my crossbreed as my 9c, plus plenty of capacity for competition, and its got the rails to accomodate a flashlight for a solid home defense gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom