Only one "All Purpose" handgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Easy:

My S&W 627 PC. 5" 8-shot .357

It could hunt, go SD, conceal, 1911 capacity with a better (IMO) defensive/all-purpose round and deadnuts reliable.

Not to mention accuracy and can shoot .38 'wadcutters' all the way up to Full-Boat .357's

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love revolvers and have no shortage of them. I agree that Glocks have all the personality of a stapler but they are good at what they do. FWIW, I only own one Glock and it is a G26; I have a "one plastic pistol" rule at my house.

Randall

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Have to go with the do it all 4" .357 in stainless. It does some things very well and is capable of doing more things ok than any other handgun,plinking ,hunting,playing to self defense,no other handgun is more versatile.
Ranadall

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gov't 1911

Easy to conceal. Easy to find all sorts of ammo types. Easy to find holsters. Easy to find parts. Easy to strip/clean/maintain. Easy to slap a 22 conversion kit on it.

All and all, it could handle anything I needed it to handle.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My 3rd generation Glock 19 definitely.
Easy to conceal, accurate enough for the occasional competition, rail for a light in a home defense situation, and it goes bang every single time I pull the trigger.

Latest posts

Top Bottom