Open carry killed with own gun killer gets 40 years

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hate to somewhat agree with YJack, there's an amount of the "look at me" OC crowd out there. Rather some think it's a magic talisman to ward off evil as Mr. Brown would say.

HarveyDanger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I rarely publicly OC but honestly after carrying all day sometimes my cc rubs my side too much and when getting into my car I tuck my shirt behind it and then just don't fix it when I get out. It's not an ego thing, it's a comfort thing and I still prefer cc.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hate to somewhat agree with YJack, there's an amount of the "look at me" OC crowd out there. Rather some think it's a magic talisman to ward off evil as Mr. Brown would say.

Agreed. I have seen a few too and I bet some of those jumping on Yukon have even if they will not admit it.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would like to see a link that posts how the double killer described taking the owner's gun from his holster. It would be educational in the sense that we could see an actual gun snatch through the eyes of a perp - how he achieved his goal and how the OC reacted. Did the perp go up to him and casually start a conversation, or did he approach from behind while the OC was preoccupied with doing something. Since the OC did not carry a BUG, is that why he opted to try to regain posession of his gun using his bare hands only?

elance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well well those of you without a permit, are without an opinion, in my opinion .
as for 'i open carry to be seen' , heck yeah i spent 1000 bucks on my rig , just a lil bling .

lol "bling bang" just made that up.

i haven't opened carried two yet , but have carried open and concealed at the same time . i dig open carry it is very liberating .

how many of you are the bigger is better , well open is better if your bigger. my 45 in a miami classic II .

it's funny before we had it , your so worried someone would see it . now if you do wear it open it's you want someone to see it . but it comes down to open is faster, without the restriction of concealment , bigger is better . that also applies to holsters ,like OWB or black hawks, are easier worn.

how many of you 'pro ccw' ,or should i say 'con open' still wear the photog vests . lol

let me label myself for you. "PRO CARRY"
is there a right way? yes more than one !
training, attitude and vigilance

stay safe carry on .
elance

Feet Dry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not so. A lot of people put on death row by over zealous prosecutors have been overturned and freed.

Read the book about two men on death row in Oklahoma that came within days of execution before being found innocent.

The book is titled "the innocent man" By John Gresham.

It will make you intensely mad and the prosecutor is still in office.

Not in this case. This is not a 20 year later DNA release. He did it, people saw it, they caught him, put him down.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like to see a link that posts how the double killer described taking the owner's gun from his holster. It would be educational in the sense that we could see an actual gun snatch through the eyes of a perp - how he achieved his goal and how the OC reacted. Did the perp go up to him and casually start a conversation, or did he approach from behind while the OC was preoccupied with doing something. Since the OC did not carry a BUG, is that why he opted to try to regain posession of his gun using his bare hands only?

If memory serves me correct, the victim was known to both CC and OC. This particular day he was OC when he stopped for gas on the way home from work. He was approached by 2 people who took his firearm and went in to rob the gas station. The victim decided to go after them and try to get his gun back. After circling the store several times, the assailant shot the victim.

doorgunner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here we go again, another " you shouldn't because this will happen" thread. Do I open carry to look cool? He'll no! Is it a " bling thing"? Not a chance. I could carry an lcp, or LCR or derringer, or whatever smaller pistol, or a full framed, full sized handgun. My choice is for the full size. For the same reason the military and LEO do. If CC and smaller pistols where so great and "stealthy" the uniformed weapon of choice would be a Ruger LCP. Don't get this confused with me wanting to be some SWAT/Delta force/marine recon/ navy seal wanna be. But at me being 6 foot 3, 250 lbs, bearded and wearing a non descript beretta 92, you might think I'm a target, but it's gonna be one you think reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaalllll hard about. Sometimes, just the "show of force" is more then enough to deter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom