Open Carry Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you view Open Carry?

• Fully support OC and do/will employ routinely

Votes: 39 27.7%
  • Fully support OC but do not/will not often employ

Votes: 87 61.7%
  • Only support OC to prevent "accidental uncovering" violations

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Do not support OC but do support CC

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Support gun ownership but do not support either OC or CC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't support gun ownership

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I fully support the right, but the only time I OC is when I am on my farm or doing something shooting-related. I like the element of surprise.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No they are not. They are normal everyday citizens exercising their rights......unless they have tattoos and then they're thugs. :bolt:
That would be me. I like to be and dress comfortable. I'm a big boy, I don't like to wear tucked in shirts they're uncomfortable. Winter I just wear my shoulder holster under a hoody. Warm weather I do OC but my shirt is covering it usually. I guess I'm an ambassador for the right to look like a long haired tattooed thug but actually be a law abiding tax paying ok kind of guy if ya got a chance to get to know me.[emoji41]

(Tapatalk)- on the road.

Travis798

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I occasionally open carry. Typically, when I do it's while carrying my Glock OWB with a black holster and black shirt. Honestly, most people never even notice. I try to make it a point to OC every now and then just so people can see a man with a gun and realize nobody got shot. Much of the anti-gun these days is simply fear of something they don't know. I OC in hopes that maybe even one will have a light bulb click if they start seeing guns and remaining unharmed.

If OC made people as much of targets as some want to claim, you'd think being a cop would be a very short term profession.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't tuck in my shirts, 'cause I'm a fatass... and if I'm carrying OWB, if I have my shirt pulled out over my firearm, it looks unbelievably stupid. It's not hiding a damn thing, it's obvious I'm carrying a gun under there, it only makes it look stupid at the same time. So I pull the hem up over it. You guys prolly think I'm trying to show off my gun (usually a plain-Jane Glock) or be a Billy-badass. Or I'm overcompensating. Or something similar.

But really, I just think it looks stupid as f**k to have my untucked shirt pulled over my OWB weapon, sticking out 3-4" on my right hip with a blocky, square outline. I don't like having big bulky items in my front pockets or side pockets if I'm wearing cargos. Just looks stupid to have some big-ass squarish looking item causing my clothes to stick out. It feels uncomfortable, too, the way they hang or shift when you're moving, etc. And getting in and out of vehicles, you end up sitting on your shirt, which causes it to pull tight on one side... eh. Annoying when you're driving, shifting, looking around, over your shoulder, etc., to have your shirt pulling from being over your gun and sitting/leaning on it. Just my opinion. OC is all around a helluva lot more comfortable.

Maybe I should carry in a fanny pack? That wouldn't be any worse, right? lol

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't tuck in my shirts, 'cause I'm a fatass... and if I'm carrying OWB, if I have my shirt pulled out over my firearm, it looks unbelievably stupid. It's not hiding a damn thing, it's obvious I'm carrying a gun under there, it only makes it look stupid at the same time. So I pull the hem up over it. You guys prolly think I'm trying to show off my gun (usually a plain-Jane Glock) or be a Billy-badass. Or I'm overcompensating. Or something similar.

But really, I just think it looks stupid as f**k to have my untucked shirt pulled over my OWB weapon, sticking out 3-4" on my right hip with a blocky, square outline. I don't like having big bulky items in my front pockets or side pockets if I'm wearing cargos. Just looks stupid to have some big-ass squarish looking item causing my clothes to stick out. It feels uncomfortable, too, the way they hang or shift when you're moving, etc. And getting in and out of vehicles, you end up sitting on your shirt, which causes it to pull tight on one side... eh. Annoying when you're driving, shifting, looking around, over your shoulder, etc., to have your shirt pulling from being over your gun and sitting/leaning on it. Just my opinion. OC is all around a helluva lot more comfortable.

Maybe I should carry in a fanny pack? That wouldn't be any worse, right? lol

I'd be willing to donate sandals and a Hawaiian shirt to go with the fanny pack.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I subscribe to this opinion on open carry. I dont untuck my shirt cause I'm a fatass but I like it untucked when Im in my "comfy" dress. I have it tucked in all week at work so on weekends I untuck it but I dont try to hide my gun with it, as, already stated, it doesnt hide schit. Its obvious I have a gun, the only mystery at that point is what type of gun I have.

Latest posts

Top Bottom