Open Carry Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you view Open Carry?

• Fully support OC and do/will employ routinely

Votes: 39 27.7%
  • Fully support OC but do not/will not often employ

Votes: 87 61.7%
  • Only support OC to prevent "accidental uncovering" violations

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Do not support OC but do support CC

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Support gun ownership but do not support either OC or CC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't support gun ownership

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OC doesn't bother me. (As long as you have an adequate holster and behave in a reasonable fashion, with awareness of your environment.) I have never OC'd except at shooting events, nor am I likely to do so, except in rural areas.

I was moderately in favor of the OC law and remain that way.

Benefits I experience from legalized OC: I don't stress as much about perfect concealment.

Negatives: It led to more establishments posting "no carry" signs, especially around OKC. Open carry laws push businesses to take a stand on an issue that many of them were 100% happy not thinking about when legal carry was concealed only. I hear the OC law is having some of the same effects in Texas. People who OC in various venues owe it to the rest of us to use reasonable social judgment (a.k.a. good manners) and try to avoid it in places where it is highly likely to rub the owner the wrong way and lead to yet another posted location.

For this reason I am actually pleased on balance when I see a "no OPEN carry" sign, which I find on 3 or 4 local establishments I frequent. It means the OC law drove the proprietor to take a position, and he/she chose to allow lawful concealed carry. Cool with me. Basically that's just a dress code, and doesn't prevent me from exercising my right to armed self-defense.

Last edited:

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To the 8 guys who chose either option 3 or 4 - this one suggests you read the 2nd amendment and decide whether or not you truly support it because your answers to the poll strongly indicate you either don't understand it and the intent of the founders who wrote it or you do understand it and don't support it.

Gone_fishn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sometimes feel like if someone can tell you have a gun concealed if they might think that your hiding it to commit a crime.

Latest posts

Top Bottom