Open Carry Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you view Open Carry?

• Fully support OC and do/will employ routinely

Votes: 39 27.7%
  • Fully support OC but do not/will not often employ

Votes: 87 61.7%
  • Only support OC to prevent "accidental uncovering" violations

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Do not support OC but do support CC

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Support gun ownership but do not support either OC or CC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't support gun ownership

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AMT7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Too many peoply alive now without basic knowledge, understanding, certainly wisdom leading to a climate of fear. Hence we support OC as only criminals will thrive in such a culture and someone needs to protect the innocent, both ignorant and lesser so. Big gov't is impotent to do so and illusory is the person leaning on ones understading even more some bureaucrat(s) who only ulitmately cares to be sure he has his bunker and golden parachute at a cost to everyone else.

Sent by a right hand on a mobile with Tapatalk

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guy I work with open carries a Rock Island 1911 when off the clock. I'm still waiting on my permit so i m really excited about it. Probably gonna open carry a lot if it gets passed, but I might need to work myself up to it. I'm nervous carrying openly in my own home when family visits, even. Guess I'll cc to begin.

Tips to start OC?

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guy I work with open carries a Rock Island 1911 when off the clock. I'm still waiting on my permit so i m really excited about it. Probably gonna open carry a lot if it gets passed, Its already legal with a permit. but I might need to work myself up to it. I'm nervous carrying openly in my own home when family visits, even. I was the same way at first, Like walking around with an attention sign on at first is what I felt like but the number of folks who never even notice is plenty Guess I'll cc to begin.

Tips to start OC?
Tips, Start like you would getting into the water, slowely. Carry first at your house regularly, then go to the gas station and carry there. Eventually move up to carryuing in Lowes or some store. After you do that a few dozen times it becomes real normal feeling.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tips, Start like you would getting into the water, slowely. Carry first at your house regularly, then go to the gas station and carry there. Eventually move up to carryuing in Lowes or some store. After you do that a few dozen times it becomes real normal feeling.

Carrying at Walmart is gonna be really weird. I work there and the employees are weirdly anti gun here lol. Almost didn't get the day off for my class approved when they asked what for.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do conceal it if I'm in any place that it might draw negative attention. Simply pull my shirt tail out. It's still obvious as its a big bulge under my shirt but...

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

mbok1947

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Newly registered here but I did want to chime in on this perennial discussion, with perhaps a slightly different point of view than many. While I have no issue with the OC law, I personally would not OC for a simple reason: it makes one a target should a thug decide to rob me or the place I am patronizing. For more than a decade in my youth I was a crime reporter for the daily newspaper and spent 8-10 hours a night around the cops. often riding with them and having dinner in restaurants, and the uniformed officers I was with very early impressed one lesson on where to sit . . . facing the door. Why? Because any armed robber coming through that doorway is going to shoot the guy first who is most likely to shoot him. I don't want the bad guys to know I am armed. OC broadcasts it. Hence it destroys the vital element of surprise.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have OC'd since it became legal. I don't make a big showing of doing it in winter when I'm wearing a jacket, so in that instance I am CC. Only had 1 negative interaction and it was still cordial. 1 interaction with LEO checking my permit. Several positive interactions/conversations.

Latest posts

Top Bottom