Open Carry Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you view Open Carry?

• Fully support OC and do/will employ routinely

Votes: 39 27.7%
  • Fully support OC but do not/will not often employ

Votes: 87 61.7%
  • Only support OC to prevent "accidental uncovering" violations

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Do not support OC but do support CC

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Support gun ownership but do not support either OC or CC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't support gun ownership

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The one time I OC'ed (off my own property) was into a Cracker Barrel and it was solely because I forgot my jacket at church.
I figured "how big a deal can it be?". I asked to be seated by the window to limit exposure. A woman and a young soldier, in uniform, came in and sat directly behind me.
Within two minutes my wife said the woman behind me was gesturing and making, uh, gun pointy-finger signs at my backside. So, I turned to address her, discovered she was a guest of the soldier, visiting from Chicago and she was...amused, scared, excited, and unnerved once she saw the weapon in my holster. She also seemed to want to have an extended and loud conversation about my carrying in public.

I calmly explained our laws regarding carrying weapons and she seemed calmed if a little dubious about the whole thing. She said that in her Chicago neighborhood if someone had a gun it meant that it was either a cop or a gang-banger. I told her I understood but that here she could see for herself - peaceful carry, non-threatening to anyone else and really no problem other than getting her worked up a bit.

Frankly, I was glad to be able to discuss it with her but the whole event is why I prefer to keep concealed. I just don't want the attention - good or bad - generated by OC. However, I do not begrudge anyone else his right to carry as he sees fit within some wide limits.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have open carried from day one. Only had a few negatives at first. Now most people seem to not notice or care. Then ones who do notice are very positive. Could not tell you how many have asked what they would have to do to be able to carry a weapon. I always try to answer questions and always try to be polite.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
images_memes_com_meme_586553_.png

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Two things, I won't tell someone to @$%& off, because I don't want to give people an even more negative opinion of the gun community.

Second, he needs a real gun belt pronto! Look at all that sag at the front of the holster!!!
lol, either a better belt or a smaller gun. Looks like a desert eagle or something huge. Or maybe hes a midget? lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom