Open Carry!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdagreek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go diggin up this guys old posts.
Year before last he figured we could not be trusted in OC matters

Glad you learned something since you lost an election and traveled some

You are way off base. Any comment I made following the previous attempt at Open Carry in Oklahoma was directed at a hand full of people who threw their blame at that failure at the very people who were working hard to get Open Carry past. There are some who post here that are so "redneck" that they can't handle any outcome except what fits their own personal thoughts and beliefs. My actual posting on the subject was to the effect that those who attack the very members of the legislature who were trying to get Open Carry were a large part of the problem. I strongly suspect you fit into this category. You and people like you just can't accept that others have opinions differing from yours.

Just for your own education, the only election I have lost recently was your Obama getting elected President some 3.4 years ago.

As for my travel and ability to learn, I suspect I am way ahead of you. For the record, I have traveled the world with most of it at my personal expense. I spend several months a year in YNP and other NPs. I also suspect that my ability to learn and brain power is considerably above yours.

Now you have a nice day.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are way off base. Any comment I made following the previous attempt at Open Carry in Oklahoma was directed at a hand full of people who threw their blame at that failure at the very people who were working hard to get Open Carry past. There are some who post here that are so "redneck" that they can't handle any outcome except what fits their own personal thoughts and beliefs. My actual posting on the subject was to the effect that those who attack the very members of the legislature who were trying to get Open Carry were a large part of the problem. I strongly suspect you fit into this category. You and people like you just can't accept that others have opinions differing from yours.

Just for your own education, the only election I have lost recently was your Obama getting elected President some 3.4 years ago.

As for my travel and ability to learn, I suspect I am way ahead of you. For the record, I have traveled the world with most of it at my personal expense. I spend several months a year in YNP and other NPs. I also suspect that my ability to learn and brain power is considerably above yours.

Now you have a nice day.

Spoken like a true politician. Resorting to condescension and arrogance - haven't met one who doesn't when pressed.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Now you have a nice day.

I'll bet you don't need a penis enlarger either. Right? :rolleyes2

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone know of any OSBI statistics showing if anyone has ever been charged criminally or administratively for inadvertent exposure of a CC weapon? We worry about it happening... but is there any case of someone actually being charged for it.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone know of any OSBI statistics showing if anyone has ever been charged criminally or administratively for inadvertent exposure of a CC weapon? We worry about it happening... but is there any case of someone actually being charged for it.

I think you would actually have to look at court records for that. These are the only statistics that the OSBI publishes on the Self Defense Act.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice that several counties had more issued than applied for???Hmmm
not much about printing....a lot for not disclosing

No, that's not a mistake. Since the reporting arbitrarily cuts off on hte calendar year and it takes about 3 months for the process, many applications are filed in one year and issued in the next. In fact, it would be very surprising if any year came out exactly even.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just e-mailed the OSBI SDA division asking about when they anticipated the new SDA handbooks covering 'open carry' would be ready.... I'll let everyone know if I get a date. I think I'll get a hard copy to have in the car & truck should some LEO ever need a little education on the new law. My luck, I'd run into a rookie that goes all Barney Fife on me...

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just e-mailed the OSBI SDA division asking about when they anticipated the new SDA handbooks covering 'open carry' would be ready.... I'll let everyone know if I get a date. I think I'll get a hard copy to have in the car & truck should some LEO ever need a little education on the new law. My luck, I'd run into a rookie that goes all Barney Fife on me...

The SDA materials are not always accurate. Witness the part about notification. It left out the part about "during the course of a detainment, arrest, or traffic stop". You would be better served to carry a copy of the law, which is already available on the internet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom