Open Carry!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

PRATHER

http://americanvisionnews.com/2741/c...otgun-intruder

A South Carolina sheriff is praising a man with a concealed weapons permit who helped disarm someone who kicked in the door of a church armed with a shotgun.

Spartanburg County Sheriff Chuck Wright made national news last year when he urged all women in his county to get a permit to carry a gun after a woman was raped in a park. He said Sunday’s incident shows how citizens carrying a legal weapon can stop crimes and prevent bloodshed.

Jesse Gates had already been to the Southside Freewill Baptist Church in Boiling Springs once Sunday morning, so the pastor’s grandson was keeping his eye on the parking lot when he saw Gates come back, this time taking a shotgun out of his trunk, Wright said.

“They locked the door and they were calling 911 at the time. He didn’t draw his weapon or make any move or action toward this gentleman until he kicked the door open and forced the issue,” Wright said.

After Gates kicked in the door, the pistol pointed at him distracted him enough that the pastor was able to grab the shotgun. Members of the church kept him down until deputies arrived, Wright said. posted by oldfart

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in my local Walmart this evening and thought for a few minutes that I was seeing some guy get a early start on open carry.

There was a heavy set kid in his early 20's about 5' 8" / 230-40 lbs wearing faded blue jeans and a tan polo shirt. He was with his wife & 6-7 yr old kid.. who looked like they were ready for a day at the beach in shorts & tank tops.

What mainly caught my attention was that he was wearing what looked like a Glock 21 in a Blackhawk holster on his jean's belt, 2 mags in a pouch and a cheap nylon handcuff case about the size of a paper plate. It looked cartoonish.. like Batman's utility belt. I looked for a badge and didn't see one...but when I finally walked by them, I noticed he had the name of the County Sheriff's office stitched into the polo shirt in gold thread that darn near blended in with the color of the shirt.

You had to look really hard to see the stitching.. so most people wouldn't have thought of him as being a Sheriff's Dept. employee... just a guy walking around with a gun strapped on. It was surprising that know one seemed to be paying much attention to the family. A few people gave him a quick sideways glance.. but then went on about their shopping.

After seeing that, I kind of figure that is how it will be when open carry actually goes into effect. A few people will give OC'ers a side-ways glance every now & then, but for the most part.. if they are not acting recklessly... the people will just go about their business as usual.

Latest posts

Top Bottom