Open Carry!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExtremistPullup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work at a small town bank, and I sent a e-mail to out security asking them about open carry.
"We are looking at all of our options and the legal issues that surround each one. We will be coming out with a policy and procedures for all of our branches/locations to follow as time draws closer to date the law goes into effect."

I'll let you know which bank and what they come up with.

M

Mach1soldier

Thanks for the replies guys. I may go talk to the local sheriff in Lawton come november just to see what he says. I have a few police buddies in town so hopefully they can give me the scoop and their interpretation of the law.

A

av8r115

About Tener's banning OC on the premises, I just talked to the manager that was quoted on TV and he said his comment was about employees, not customers. At this time Tener's has not decided what their policy will be about customer OC. A lot of people, myself included, decided to boycott Tener's based on the TV story. I should know better than to trust a reporter to tell the truth. BTW, Shepler's has also not yet made a policy decision, but the manager I spoke to has a CCL and is fine with OC.

If someone has already posted this info and I missed it, sorry for the repetition.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is something people need to remember with the new open carry law... you will be restricted to carrying the same type of weapons that you were under concealed carry. If you are restricted to using a revolver now.. you will still be restricted to carrying one under open carry.

That is the advantage of qualifying with a semi-auto pistol... you can ask to be licensed to carry a semi-auto, revolver and derringer. Even if you never plan on carrying a revolver or a derringer.. get them approved on your license.

maximus

Maximus
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After reading through almost all of these posts..whew, Does anyone know if the language that was signed or passed includes carrying loaded shotguns or carbines in your front yard or on your own property (even without a CCW)? A friend told mine that and im having a hard time believing that someone can sit in their front yard with their loaded ar-15 sitting in their lawn chair. But he says it is in the new law that was signed... Anyone?

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After reading through almost all of these posts..whew, Does anyone know if the language that was signed or passed includes carrying loaded shotguns or carbines in your front yard or on your own property (even without a CCW)? A friend told mine that and im having a hard time believing that someone can sit in their front yard with their loaded ar-15 sitting in their lawn chair. But he says it is in the new law that was signed... Anyone?

Here is the section of law you requested:
1289.6 Paragraph A said:
. A person shall be permitted to carry loaded and unloaded shotguns, rifles and pistols, open and not concealed and without a handgun license as authorized by the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act pursuant to the following conditions:
6. For lawful self-defense and self-protection or any other legitimate purpose in or on property that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by the person;

S

SpaceFlunky

Will there be an "official" No Firearms Allowed in Building signs/decals for business to post? Or will just any decals with said lettering work? (x/post from another thread)

ExtremistPullup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if they will change the background and layout of the license right now the background image looks like a middle school kid messed up on photoshop.

Also, the word "handgun license" sounds as if you need a license to own a handgun not just to carry one.

Rabbitcreekok

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I wonder if they will change the background and layout of the license right now the background image looks like a middle school kid messed up on photoshop.

Also, the word "handgun license" sounds as if you need a license to own a handgun not just to carry one.

I doubt if they will change. My instructors license looks just like my pre instructor CWL and it does not even say instructor anywhere on the license.

The current license does not say handgun license, it is an Oklahoma Concealed Weapon License. I have not read all the new law yet, but that part might change, or it might not. Who knows.

Latest posts

Top Bottom