Open Carry!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Governor Mary Fallin has cleared the way to make it easier to spot who is carrying a gun."

Is that why she signed it, Channel 7? Holy crap, some in the state media truly despise this new law. It appears these "journalists" believe that the BGs will now open carry so they can be "spotted" by the sheeple in the general public. What a bunch of tools these talking heads are. The law gives licensed CC holders the "option" to carry openly. It doesn't require everyone who has a gun, legally or illegally, to now openly carry it. Freaking retards in the media make me sick.

I totally understand this point

Yet... If an unlicensed person carries a open gun and no one calls him in....
Yea. He broke the law. But if he's behaving what does it matter?

I will stop now.... That kind of crazy talk leads to Arizona and Alaska - like gun laws.

T

TheMcs

Making people uncomfortable. SO - WHAT! Why do those exercising their natural rights have to be the ones that cow tow to the rest? Why?

That's how we lost our gun rights in the first place. Too many wanted to be reasonable and accomodating and they accomodated us into a state of being where the total loss of our rights was not out of the question. Truth be told that scenario is still a real possibility.

Uncomfortable - that's the sheep's problem and something they have to deal with. And it seems that a strong majority of our state legislators agree considering the provisions they placed in 1733 to protect OC'rs from harassment.

This is what I'm arguing on FB (I know, I know). Using the "your rights end when they infringe upon mine" argument, a friend is saying that OC'ers will have the upper hand in an confrontation through intimidation. Essentially, because they scare people they shouldn't. I replied that with that logic, a good many people shouldn't drive, since they suck at it they scare me. One friend of his, a CWL holder, has even said he'll place an OC gun buster sign at his business.

People (sheeple) don't realize that rights unexercised are rights lost.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am concerned about the number of County Sheriffs that are against Open Carry.

Since the Sheriff's Dept. is involved in the process for receiving a handgun permit, it makes me wonder if permits will be denied because of their prejudice.

they are only the processors (and even then I use that term loosely) of the application, they don't give the 'go, no-go ' decision...OSBI does that. look at your card, it has the signature of the OSBI director, not any sheriff.

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
opencarry1.jpg

:d

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Until things gentle down a month or so after the 1st of November......If I chose to open carry [and I most likely will], I may just get myself a lanyard [the break-away kind--- $5 at Walmart] and hang my Gun Permit and a State ID card around my neck or else clip them next to my weapon on my belt...so a police officer can see it from a distance. Once the local police get to know the ones who are open carrying on a regular basis.. they will get bored with the constant checks, .. and just drive by or approach the person close enough recognize who it is.. and then leave. They will get tired of license checks on the same people after a month.

I live in a small town of approx. 30,000. It wont take local police very long to recognize the people who regularly open carry from a distance. Just remember to remain polite and compliant. Hostility just gives the police a reason to suspect you shouldn't have a permit due to anger management problems..

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great story... Yesterday, when Open Carry passed.. I forwarded a message to the guys on Fox's late night show 'Red Eye w/ Gregg Gutfeld'..telling them about it, forwarding a news story and inviting them to move to Oklahoma.

Tonight, their second segment was on Oklahoma's Open Carry. The entire pannel supported it. One of the guys was 'Anthony' from Opie & Anthony" If you get to see a repeat of the show it was pretty good... if you've ever seen Red Eye.. they crack all kinds of sarcastic jokes.. it was a good segment.

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wondered about this. So what could they do? Ask you to leave and if you don't then it would be trespassing?

If management asks you to leave, get up and leave immediately. This way you don't have to pay your tab. :-p

If management does ask you pay your tab, pay it, explain to them why you feel you shouldn't, then explain to them they will be added to the list of establishments legal gun owners should avoid. Because I know here on OSA there will be a sticky thread of places where open/concealed weapons are not welcome.

cowmugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am concerned about the number of County Sheriffs that are against Open Carry.

Since the Sheriff's Dept. is involved in the process for receiving a handgun permit, it makes me wonder if permits will be denied because of their prejudice.

This new law has your license mailed to the applicant. So a Sheriff's office would not be able to "loose" or "not received" the approved license.

Can you check the status of an application online?

Latest posts

Top Bottom