Open Carry!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
B96brig4CC said:
You are a little off with this last part of your comment. It is not against the law to conceal carry into an establishment that posts a sign. All they can do is ask you to leave. The only places it is against the law are the ones mentioned in the law. Beyond those establishments, a sticker on a door is not law. It's a sticker on a door placed by an owner of a business that has the right to refuse service. That's like saying its against the law to walk into a store with a sign that says, "no shoes, no shirt, no service", this is a policy of the establishment, not law.

I wondered about this. So what could they do? Ask you to leave and if you don't then it would be trespassing?

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you do not leave the premises you can be cited for tresspassing and when the owner explained to the LEO why he asked you to leave you could receive penalities under the SDA.

Concealed is concealed. If asked to leave, leave. You would be gone before LEO would even enter the picture. I have never worried about entering a 7 eleven(have the signs), even when LEO are present. If I do my part to abide by the law, i don't need to worry anout it.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Beaver
Beckham
Custer
Blaine
Canadian
Grady
Cotton
Love
Carter
Murray
Pott
Pontotoc
Marshall
Bryan
Atoka
Coal
Pitt
LeFlore
Okfuskee
Muskogee
Cherokee
Adair
Mayes
Nowata
Washington
Pawnee
Payne
Noble
Kay

All "against" according to the report. Doesn't match her count (there were other discrepancies in the map, too) but what do you expect at the end of a report of that caliber?

(Yes, I do know they're not in alphabetical order. They're grouped by region.)

So much for the myth of the County Sheriff being America's last best hope for liberty and the ultimate representative of "The People".

Most of them are just as politically motivated and self-serving as our other elected politicians...

It does matter what the Sheriff's think about the new law. One only needs to look at other States where those in power who are against it do everything they can to circumvent the Law. They harass lawful citizens on a regular basis in an attempt to convince the citizens that life would be easier if they would voluntarily give up their rights.

Michael

I am concerned about the number of County Sheriffs that are against Open Carry.

Since the Sheriff's Dept. is involved in the process for receiving a handgun permit, it makes me wonder if permits will be denied because of their prejudice.

okav8tor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Concealed is concealed. If asked to leave, leave. You would be gone before LEO would even enter the picture. I have never worried about entering a 7 eleven(have the signs), even when LEO are present. If I do my part to abide by the law, i don't need to worry anout it.

Agreed. You can only get into trouble if you refuse to leave.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
6. Don't assume there will not be a few "das-uber-douche team tactical" dudes that want to look hard and cool and open carry where ever they can. Making people uncomfortable.

Making people uncomfortable. SO - WHAT! Why do those exercising their natural rights have to be the ones that cow tow to the rest? Why?

That's how we lost our gun rights in the first place. Too many wanted to be reasonable and accomodating and they accomodated us into a state of being where the total loss of our rights was not out of the question. Truth be told that scenario is still a real possibility.

Uncomfortable - that's the sheep's problem and something they have to deal with. And it seems that a strong majority of our state legislators agree considering the provisions they placed in 1733 to protect OC'rs from harassment.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am concerned about the number of County Sheriffs that are against Open Carry.

Since the Sheriff's Dept. is involved in the process for receiving a handgun permit, it makes me wonder if permits will be denied because of their prejudice.

OK is a must issue state. Sheriff cannot deny a CWL if one meets all the legal requirements to get one.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Election year... The smart ones went with the flow

Not so smart... Nay. I hope those guys run unoppossed if they want to keep a job

The no comment sherrifs figure that's how to play the middle

What happens Nov one should impact who gets vote on november's first tuesday

Latest posts

Top Bottom