Open Carry!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rabbitcreekok

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Many people equate "at home" with "on the property where my dwelling sits".

But the second part of what I said still applies. It's why someone who is seen walking past a sheer-curtained window nude assuming no one can see them ends up being convicted of a "sex crime" and registered as a "sex offender", or why if someone sees something illegal through your window there is no warrant necessary, all because of the notion of "in public view".

You are correct until November 1, 2012. See summary below:

Open Carry Becomes Law in Oklahoma
Other NRA-Backed Measures Continue to Advance as Session Moves to a Close

Today, Governor Mary Fallin signed into law the Open Carry/Omnibus gun bill, Senate Bill 1733. Senate Bill 1733 is an omnibus firearm bill containing significant improvements to Oklahoma gun laws, including allowing concealed carry permit holders the choice of open carrying.
Other important provisions include language prohibiting persons, property owners and companies from banning ammunition in locked vehicles; changing the “immediate notification” requirement when a permit holder is stopped by a law enforcement officer to notification at “first opportunity” while also greatly reducing the associated fine for non-compliance; a provision allowing people to carry firearms openly without a permit on their private property; and revisions to the current Oklahoma statute striking the word “concealed” from Oklahoma firearm permit citations and applying the lawful open carrying of firearms to Oklahoma's firearms preemption law. Additionally, this legislation will allow Sooner State military personnel stationed outside Oklahoma to obtain an Oklahoma permit. This new law becomes effective November 1, 2012.

Rabbitcreekok

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Would love to every state in this country to be able not only be able to carry conceal but also open carry as well. We may not have constitutional carry yet. But I will take what I an for now and hope Sykes and Russell keep working on That. I also hope Fallin or whoever is in office signs that bill into law if and when it hits their desk. But to me this was a huge win for the gun community .

Unfortunately Russell is not running again. Term limits, I think. Unless something has changes since I last heard a couple of months ago.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are correct until November 1, 2012. See summary below:

Open Carry Becomes Law in Oklahoma
Other NRA-Backed Measures Continue to Advance as Session Moves to a Close

Today, Governor Mary Fallin signed into law the Open Carry/Omnibus gun bill, Senate Bill 1733. Senate Bill 1733 is an omnibus firearm bill containing significant improvements to Oklahoma gun laws, including allowing concealed carry permit holders the choice of open carrying.
Other important provisions include language prohibiting persons, property owners and companies from banning ammunition in locked vehicles; changing the “immediate notification” requirement when a permit holder is stopped by a law enforcement officer to notification at “first opportunity” while also greatly reducing the associated fine for non-compliance; a provision allowing people to carry firearms openly without a permit on their private property; and revisions to the current Oklahoma statute striking the word “concealed” from Oklahoma firearm permit citations and applying the lawful open carrying of firearms to Oklahoma's firearms preemption law. Additionally, this legislation will allow Sooner State military personnel stationed outside Oklahoma to obtain an Oklahoma permit. This new law becomes effective November 1, 2012.

Where did I say otherwise? :scratch:

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beaver
Beckham
Custer
Blaine
Canadian
Grady
Cotton
Love
Carter
Murray
Pott
Pontotoc
Marshall
Bryan
Atoka
Coal
Pitt
LeFlore
Okfuskee
Muskogee
Cherokee
Adair
Mayes
Nowata
Washington
Pawnee
Payne
Noble
Kay

All "against" according to the report. Doesn't match her count (there were other discrepancies in the map, too) but what do you expect at the end of a report of that caliber?

(Yes, I do know they're not in alphabetical order. They're grouped by region.)

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good thing it doesn't matter what they think. Also, Kelly Ogle had a joke for his .02 last night. It was really sad when he used images from the story from the night before of the guy that said he felt safer with the gun toters there to illustrate that people are a skeert of the OC.

Latest posts

Top Bottom