Open Carry!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Right2Carry

I have been following this for a few months. I am doing so work in OKC and would like to join in a show of support on Nov 1 if I am still here. Hell I might just drive back up here for it. Nice going IK. Now maybe we can get Texas on board.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would love to every state in this country to be able not only be able to carry conceal but also open carry as well. We may not have constitutional carry yet. But I will take what I an for now and hope Sykes and Russell keep working on That. I also hope Fallin or whoever is in office signs that bill into law if and when it hits their desk. But to me this was a huge win for the gun community .

jphillipw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Told my wife I'm buying a Gold Plated IMI Desert Eagle and carrying it drop leg! :mosh:

Seriously though, I'll probably continue to conceal, but I'll feel a lot better about not getting arrested if the wind blows my shirt up:osu

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Raven Phantom is on my to buy list when I can afford it. Have a few months before I'd feel super comfortable using it. It's still a pretty concealable holster. Definitely going to help my wardrobe :D

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The question I was asking was, will it legal to have a firearm laying in the front seat of your car in plain site. Since this is your property.

As i read the bill, I would answer no as open carry is defined as in a shoulder or belt holster.

You might be able to claim the personal property line in the car, but I would check with a qualified attorney about that.

BrandonMF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got your point, TRDoc. Is it acceptable to deescalate a situation with a threat. No. Simple as that, IMO. If you have time to verbally threaten someone with the use of your sidearm, you are not yet to the point you should be going to your gun. If you ever get into a shouting match with some guy at a gas pump over who gets to use that pump or some stupid white trash BS that those kind of people choose to inflict on more decent folk, and you flash your gun or show it and say "I've got a gun!" to get him to stop screaming at you, you're in the wrong. If he comes at you in an aggressive manner or grabs a tire iron, say, and you draw and shoot because you were in reasonable fear for your life then you are in the right.

How long does it take to say, "STOP! I have a gun!" Okay. Now, how long does it take a pissed off obese man to cross 21 feet? The math is not in your favor for a threat. It's foolish. I get your point. Add in a split second to your shouting time, 'cause he's already decided to act, so he's way farther ahead in his OODA loop than you are, hoping that a mere threat will cease his foolish behavior.

Drawing and pointing the gun, however, is not a threat, it's an act. IF you draw, point the gun and the guy ceases his aggressive behavior then you're not threatening him, you're just ABOUT to shoot that mother. There is a difference there between threat and deescalation through force. Afterall, you don't want to shoot a man after he's seen down the barrel of your .38 and he's backing up with his hands in the air screaming, "Whoah!"

cowmugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
KOTV in Tulsa showed a map of which sheriff's felt how, breaking it down into 4 categories ranging from full support to no support. Tulsa Co. was on board with OC.

Attemp to post screen shot of against open carry counties.
OK Sheriffs against open carry.jpg

from this report.
http://www.newson6.com/story/18404685/what-its-like-in-an-open-carry-state

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom