Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Open Carry be permissible under the law?

• Total voters

Man in Black

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here in Texas you can carry open on your own property. Read in the paper this morning that there is a petation for open carry being passed around with about 3500 names on it already. Will be send to the govenor and congress of Texas at the new session in january. excuses for the spelling.
Iwould open carry when it gets into the 100s, dang that is hot.

mib

Savage250

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We need a petition like that here in Oklahoma for open carry. The poll is up to 91% "Yes" right now. I read about the petition through my daily NRA-ILA email. I think it's a good idea. If someone would put up a petition for Oklahoma, I'd sure sign it.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We need a petition like that here in Oklahoma for open carry. The poll is up to 91% "Yes" right now. I read about the petition through my daily NRA-ILA email. I think it's a good idea. If someone would put up a petition for Oklahoma, I'd sure sign it.

There is one running right now on this board.
Search the word "petition"
It's also cross-posted on Glocktalk and Sigforum

owu1bag5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i find it interesting that 16 people voted against this. just because YOU dont want to carry openly why do you think you have the right to tell me i cant? and why would you vote against it? supposed to be all for the second amendment here right? i just can not believe that people here are like that.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i find it interesting that 16 people voted against this. just because YOU dont want to carry openly why do you think you have the right to tell me i cant? and why would you vote against it? supposed to be all for the second amendment here right? i just can not believe that people here are like that.

they may be afraid of certain groups OCing. remember the Mulford Act?

Mike-S

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm one of the 16 that voted no. I just don't see any reason for open carry other than to appease people who think it violates their 2A to tell them to keep it covered up. I'm all in favor of the CCW but just don't see anything positive that would come from a bunch of people wearing exposed guns.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
I'm one of the 16 that voted no. I just don't see any reason for open carry other than to appease people who think it violates their 2A to tell them to keep it covered up. I'm all in favor of the CCW but just don't see anything positive that would come from a bunch of people wearing exposed guns.

Do you carry your duty weapon exposed? If so why?

Latest posts

Top Bottom