Optic on handgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glockisgood17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All my carry guns now have either a red or green dot sight on them. Wife and I each prefer the green. Holosun brand also.

Regards,

Attachments

• 6DDE98A8-128B-4214-82F5-04E64143553A.jpeg
    6DDE98A8-128B-4214-82F5-04E64143553A.jpeg
    1,001.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 61C4B2EF-9F61-45E2-B2B9-DEF381A369E2.jpeg
    61C4B2EF-9F61-45E2-B2B9-DEF381A369E2.jpeg
    847.3 KB · Views: 0

shelshy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am OLD. Learned to never say never. People said glass on rifles was just a fad. Then variable power scopes could only be toys. Ditto the 357 mag, then 44 mag, the 10mm, etc. Red dots are a RAPIDLY developing technology. Bought a used TANFOGLIO 38 SUPER with a Romeo installed. It is SHOCKING what that enables me to do. A friend mounted the new HOLOSUN SCS on a Glock (carry gun). That is an amazing Red dot. Solar powered. So low that you can cowitness with standard height sights. He is a shooter and loves it. AND the technology hasn't finished advancements. Nobody HAS to benefit from what others utilize and enjoy. Stay safe and have a blast.
I just put the SCS on my duty gun (Glock 19) and love the low profile of it. I have carried guns with Delta Point Pro, Romeo 1 Pro, and other Holosuns but am definitely digging the SCS.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use a Swampfox Sentinel on my S&W MP Shield + and it makes a world of difference for my 50 year old eyes. I chose the auto brightness option over the shake awake as you never know if you need to use them indoor or out, and can't take the time to adjust in an emergency.

devildog88

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Besides my .45s every 9mm pistol I own has a dot. At this point the price of a dot is calculated into a new gun if I decide to get one.
I have a dot on my usual carry pistol, a xdm elite compact in 45. No dot on my backup 1911 commander. Been practicing like crazy to pull to the dot for action pistol and for carry. It is taking a while to convert over, but I can see why when I get it right.

OkieDoke88

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m setting up a beretta right now to run with an optic. Just ordered a slide from Langdon. I think it makes sense if you’re shooting at distance. Seems unnecessary inside of 15-20 yards to me. I would love to see someone come out with an acog type pistol sight that isn’t battery powered.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I’m setting up a beretta right now to run with an optic. Just ordered a slide from Langdon. I think it makes sense if you’re shooting at distance. Seems unnecessary inside of 15-20 yards to me. I would love to see someone come out with an acog type pistol sight that isn’t battery powered.
The Holosun. SCS is close.

rustyaa55

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Way back in the day i traded into a WEAVER QWIK POINT. These were early dot sights developed for shooting ducks and geese with a shotgun. The dot was to help the shooter with the necessary lead to score. Never been a shotgunner, but was intrigued with the sight and it's possibilities. The sight required no batteries. Instead, it used ambient light thru an enclosed fiber optic, then some mirror arrangement to float the dot as a sight. Looked pretty space-age back then. My then new to me Gunsmith made me an adaptor so we could mount the Qwik Point on my new NYLON 66 for some experimenting and fun. Think the Gunsmith decided then that i was an interesting idiot boy and became my mentor. The experiment was great sucess. It was FAST & EASY! But even with my inexpensive 22 autoloader the dot was far larger than the available accuracy. Sure was a fun experinent. That sight was quickly replaced with a nice scope that served me well for years.