Optic Planet sucks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Order 3 items from optics planet. Ordered a weapons light for my AR, NSR rail adapter and NSR rail covers. All showed available. Get email confirmation back after order saying the light will be shipped 10-21 days and the other two items have no availability estimate for shipping. Guess so much for getting anything for Christmas or anytime soon.

Have you guys had any issue with them?

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've ordered from them for years. This has happened to me twice too. They don't have a live inventory so occasionally when you order something, they don't actually have it in stock. It's a pita for sure.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, yeah.
I've purchased a ton of crap from them, including some Wellco boots that I replace about once a year. I had a prob with a pair, called Optics Planet, they said send 'em back. I did, then got email stating they would not refund. I sent emails to Wellco, and OP about the BS.
Now when I purchase something, I send them an email telling them what I bought, and how they lost some business.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always call for important stuff if I need it right away and make sure they have it in stock. They can tell you on the phone. Just received an order for about 15 items yesterday. It had gotten delayed in Dallas due to the weather, but other than that they've been flawless for me.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They have a well-known (on shooting forums, anyway) reputation for not maintaining inventory, but waiting until you order before they order.

I recently learned SWFA follows a similar business model.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well they had the best price on the light, the other stuff was little high, got free shipping so don't care if it takes a couple weeks. But expectation would be to show instock or not.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sux when it happens. But it happens everywhere. FWIW I've good luck with them, but expect to have this happen to me at some point.
Very few places have large inventories anymore, most are on some kind of "Just In Time" system.

Latest posts

Top Bottom