Oregon autistic removed from plane

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ridge got it on then first try, the mom pretty much said that the kid gets violent if she doesn't get what she wants.

And that, to me, is an excellent reason for the airline to bring suit against mom. If she knew what her crotchfruit would do, and didn't plan ahead, she should have to cover the airline's losses.

Meanwhile, I still think there might have been a better way out for the airline. And, if I were mom's defense attorney, I'd argue a duty to mitigate damages.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
As a parent to a 14 yr old autistic child with some difficult eating challenges as well, this parent's behavior disgust me. Our child has flown one time and we fed him before we boarded and asked if we could get first row seating on Southwest so he wouldn't disturb passengers in front of us while he played with his games. Probably one of the best flights we could have had.

This woman used her child's disability to try and get her way and be seen as a victim. It should be boarder line abuse to try and feed a child food that is still steaming anyway. Wouldn't that pretty much burn the inside of your mouth?

The dumbass got kicked off the plane because she told the flight attendant her daughter was capable of a meltdown and would start scratching people. Screw that, I would have been first in line to remove her ass.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
A peculiar part of the story is the mothers claim that passengers were saying let the child stay.....

Transmitted via Tactical Telecommunications Device

Agree, the cabin is a democracy of it's own I guess? Raise your hand if you want the girl/mom to stay...................Raise your hand if you want to detour, hop another plane to your destination........... :lookaroun

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know your kid, you know your kid's limitations. Make plans, which include contingency plans. Figure something out... before you hop into a crowded tube filled with other people, when everyone is on edge these days about disruptions because panic can ensue easily if people get the wrong idea.

Sorry your kid has special needs. You're a special needs parent. Don't expect the world to jump through hoops for you - follow the rules and buy the first class ticket, or drive. Entitlement mentality at its finest.

When we go on a trip, we load up with tons of extras just in case. Each and every carryon has extra clothes, toothbrushes, food/snacks, etc. You can lose one or two or more. You make plans. You plan for things to go BAD, not plan for things to go RIGHT.

Latest posts

Top Bottom