Oregon Militia take over federal building

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have great disdain for people such as the idiot that sacrificed himself doing something really dumb like he did. Hate I try to void my vocabulary of that word except for the Devil. There is a great deal of difference in disdain and hate.

Also anyone who thinks they are bigger than our country and its laws and uses violence to prove it well there may not be a word that can describe such stupidity.
I feel much the same way. And that idiot Finicum is about to be made a martyr by the Lunatic Fringe. Lord, help this country.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have great disdain for people such as the idiot that sacrificed himself doing something really dumb like he did. Hate I try to void my vocabulary of that word except for the Devil. There is a great deal of difference in disdain and hate.

Also anyone who thinks they are bigger than our country and its laws and uses violence to prove it well there may not be a word that can describe such stupidity.

I don't know. You seemed almost giddy with glee over a man's death to me. I mean, going out of your way to post an over the head clapping emoticon and capitalizing "LOL", along with all the other language in your posts? Not to mention all the other posts you've made about this debacle? It's not hard to imagine you hoping they'd go down in a hail of gunfire.

We've all known since you joined this forum that you're a hardcore statist and spent the better part of your career exercising your authority over others, but this is over the top, even for you. :(

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From the little bit I've read, and listened too. Finicum seemed like a decent man....decent, good men get on the wrong track sometimes. I think there was some truth to the cause but he, and others, were misguided in their "plan" to address the issues around the cause.

He openly stated that he would either leave the refuge having completed the mission, or he would be killed in the process of accomplishing that mission. I don't blame the cops for his death. That rests on him and his actions that afternoon, IMHO.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From the little bit I've read, and listened too. Finicum seemed like a decent man....decent, good men get on the wrong track sometimes. I think there was some truth to the cause but he, and others, were misguided in their "plan" to address the issues around the cause.

He openly stated that he would either leave the refuge having completed the mission, or he would be killed in the process of accomplishing that mission. I don't blame the cops for his death. That rests on him and his actions that afternoon, IMHO.

I agree with this assessment of what happened. It's still a sad example of where we are as a society, that decent people are so at odds with our .gov. :(

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with this assessment of what happened. It's still a sad example of where we are as a society, that decent people are so at odds with our .gov. :(
I agree with both points. If nothing else, Finicum's final moments illustrate the conviction often proclaimed, but rarely ever realized, that it is better to die on one's feet, than to live on one's knees. He had publicly stated that he would not be caged in a concrete cell, and when it appeared quite likely that he would be captured and jailed, he took his chances and went for his gun. Finicum showed that he had the courage of his convictions, and he went down fighting for what he believed in. It is indeed a shame that a man with such courage simply picked the wrong fight. The Oregon "occupation" was a cause not worth his life.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remember the episode of Leave it to Beaver where several of the boys all bought cool monster sweatshirts like this

i189.photobucket.com_albums_z72_Mazooma1_then_20and_20now_sweatshirtmonstersltb11.jpg

And then they made a pact to all stick together and wear them to school.
What can the teacher do if ALL of them wear the shirt?
Strength in numbers and all that.

Then it turned out Beaver was the only one gullible enough to actually act on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bad ass Jon Ritzheimer bailed out just a few hours before the roadblock outcome...

2d0yaz2jiom3c6vy7e7e5svk.wpengine.netdna_cdn.com_wp_content_upbb5e33eb9f50a9d106bad742df2e4643.jpg

Said his family needed him.
He went back home to AZ and turned himself in to the sheriff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom