OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well you take some beautiful pictures Terry. You have to have really good equipment in order to do that. You wife is a keeper for sure.
Congrats on the new lens.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well you take some beautiful pictures Terry. You have to have really good equipment in order to do that. You wife is a keeper for sure.
Congrats on the new lens.

Thanks, Dancer. Most of the credit for good photos goes to the equipment. My only contribution is seeing a scene that needs photographed and doing a wee bit of composing of the photo. All the rest of the credit goes to the good equipment and my wife for buying all of it for me.

By the way, I have been very pleased with the Nikon Z6 mirrorless camera. Its abilities in low light still astounds me, and that has been with the lesser quality lens (Nikkor 24-70mm f/4) that was the kit lens when I bought the camera. The new Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8 is one that will let in MORE light, thus making it even better in low light settings.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good night guys.

IMG_3264.JPG

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The equipment is only as good as the eye behind the lens. You have a great eye Terry. Thank you for sharing your work, and the tips you give us amateurs.

Thanks. As for tips, some years back, the church we attend asked me to do some photography teaching to the youth in our Leadership To Christ program. While talking to one of they young men before the teaching started, he was telling me that the "only photography to do was black and white."

So, for setting up the second lesson, I found a picture of a boat in a marina that was on fire. I took the color picture and used image manipulating software to change it to black and white. When doing the lesson, I put the black and white on first and spoke about the image. Then I told the class that the B&W image was misleading and then showed the color version, telling them that the color version certainly had more impact on the moment than B&W,

My mother was a self taught artist, dealing mostly in painting with oil based paint. When she and Dad divorced, she took to teaching painting to others as a means of making money. There in the Oklahoma Panhandle, we had four states surrounding us and except for New Mexico, she had students from all the others. One day at the county fair, I heard a lady from New Mexico that also taught painting make something of a disparaging remark about my mom and her teaching. Of course, she saw my mom as competition. But, I just had to get into it by asking her if she thought Picasso thought the same about Da Vinci's work.

Oh, and if one wants to learn composure, find a good photo hosting website like Pbase to look at what other photographers do with composing their photos. That does a lot for learning. I go to Pbase fairly regularly and one guy's work still amazes me. He works with ballet dancers and gets some awesome shots.

Link to an example of his work. Angel Descending

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening gang,
Man, losing this hour today has really messed with me. I have been tired all fricken day!
But I am excited that it will be daylight longer.

Worked in Tulsa all day today and just made if back home to OKC. UGH!!!!

Now it's Corona time.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good evening gang,
Man, losing this hour today has really messed with me. I have been tired all fricken day!
But I am excited that it will be daylight longer.

Worked in Tulsa all day today and just made if back home to OKC. UGH!!!!

Now it's Corona time.
Man, I hear ya. :D

But I'm thinkin' it's about snooze time for me...
:drunk2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom