OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning. Beautiful day ahead. I get to take a quick drive over to Shawnee to take some things to my grandson at OBU, so we'll likely get to have lunch together. I always enjoy that.

We talk a lot here about being aware and prepared, well, Spring is here and that brings the quick spin up of the 'Nados" so stay aware of the weather as you go about our normal activities.

Have a great day!

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning folks,

We have our last meeting with our hotel (Embassy Suites) today at 3pm. Getting everything ironed out before our yearly convention/competition. We are really excited about the fact that it will be our largest one ever. Our biggest on was in 2018 with 1,435 entries. As of yesterday, we broke 1,800 entries. We may hit 2000 in the next couple of weeks. The convention/competition is in 4 weeks.
Just goes to show you that most everyone is tired of being locked down and is over it.

Have a great day!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good morning folks,

We have our last meeting with our hotel (Embassy Suites) today at 3pm. Getting everything ironed out before our yearly convention/competition. We are really excited about the fact that it will be our largest one ever. Our biggest on was in 2018 with 1,435 entries. As of yesterday, we broke 1,800 entries. We may hit 2000 in the next couple of weeks. The convention/competition is in 4 weeks.
Just goes to show you that most everyone is tired of being locked down and is over it.

Have a great day!

Just out of curiosity, do you have videographers at your convention/competitions that capture all that goes on?

Reason I ask is because there is a photographer on Pbase.com that works with ballet dancers to photograph dance moves, although his are all still photos instead of video. Below is a link to one of his shots that I absolutely am jealous of.

Angel Descending

Behind the scenes story for that image above: Man crouches down and with female standing on his thighs, he holds her by her waist, letting her hands be free. Then as she leaps and raises arms, man falls back. Photographer catches it at the right time, probably using multiple frames per second shots. (My cameras can be set to take 6 to 8 frames per second.)

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife became a tree hugger...

(see below for explanation)

When we first got married, I was still in the Army and my last duty station was to be in northern California. Not too far from where I was stationed, there was/is a small Redwood park that we would go visit. When we left at the end of my enlistment and over the years, the wife thought that we might never get back to see the Redwoods. However, when we retired and ended up in Oregon for 17 months, we were less than 100 miles from some Redwoods (namely the Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park) and visited there on 3 or 4 occasions. The photo above was taken on our first return to the Redwoods.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, do you have videographers at your convention/competitions that capture all that goes on?

Reason I ask is because there is a photographer on Pbase.com that works with ballet dancers to photograph dance moves, although his are all still photos instead of video. Below is a link to one of his shots that I absolutely am jealous of.

Angel Descending

Behind the scenes story for that image above: Man crouches down and with female standing on his thighs, he holds her by her waist, letting her hands be free. Then as she leaps and raises arms, man falls back. Photographer catches it at the right time, probably using multiple frames per second shots. (My cameras can be set to take 6 to 8 frames per second.)

Hey Terry,
The answer to your question is Yes we do have a videographer and Photographer at our event. The two crews that we use are the main ones that work most of the events around the country. They are exceptional. We have used them for years.

This photo is amazing and was taken by a first class professional. I have seen many in motion/in flight dance photos like this one over the years. They are so very cool. I love it.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning all!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom