OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Packed cameras tonight, but may not get to use them. We are headed north tomorrow to pick up the wife's oldest sister in Kansas and then head on over to the Colorado Springs area on Monday to the wife's middle sister's home. They have been wanting to have some "sister-time," and I get to be the chauffeur for them.

It may not be all bad though. The wife asked me a day or so if I wanted to go to the Edelweiss German restaurant while we were up there. They have an AWESOME Filet Mignon dinner that includes TWO of the steaks. I may just have to get a picture of that meal if we go there.

But, if nothing else, I should get to see Pike's Peak again.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning guys.
Spent the day and night in Dallas working yesterday. Got back early this morning and getting ready for a long day here in OKC.
Wishing everyone a blessed Sunday.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fun fact:

The 2020 Sig P320 X-Compact's are cut for the R1 Pro, DDP, RMR and Holosun 507/508's. You'll need a different sized screw and there is a little gap, but it works.

20210308_113418.jpg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good afternoon, All. Made it to the Colorado Springs area around 10:30 this morning. Wife and sisters are doing a few days of "sister time," but the wife asked if I was going to go somewhere to take some pictures. Come to find out, they will spend most of their time just sitting at the house and visiting. So, I told her I wanted to check out two places. One is a "self-owned" museum of military artifacts, but I found out it isn't open until May, so that is out.

The second is one that I never even heard of in spite of the fact that we lived in the Colorado Springs area for 20 months some time back. It is called Paint Mines Interpretive Park. She and I are planning on going out there tomorrow. The park involves some walking, which her two sisters have problems with, so it is just her and I. Below is a link to photos of the park features.

Paint Mines Interpretive Park Images

It's gonna be great getting out to photograph interesting and beautiful nature.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good morning from the Colorado Springs area. As I mentioned in an earlier comment, we did go to the Paint Mine Interpretive Park yesterday. (I don't understand the "interpretive" part unless it counts to just walk down among the formations.) Anyway, it was pretty interesting, although for photography, I should have gone around noon instead of later in the afternoon. If we had gone at noon, we could have good light on all sides of us instead of part of the "canyon" being in shadow.

Wife at sister-in-law's house is horrendous as it took a long time last night to upload about 13 photos. Since I have over 200 photos taken, the rest will have to wait until we get back home and have better wifi. So, here are a couple of photos that I did get uploaded.

Information on the park states that the Indians came here to gather the various colors of clay to create their paints. I suspect that the next time we come up here, I make another trip out there to take advantage of better lighting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom