OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Man, the wife and I need a long weekend. She’s a nurse and is working today and tomorrow. Some of you may know that getting off for a vaca takes weeks and sometimes months of requesting that time in the future. We have not done anything for 5 years when we took a cruise with mom and dad, my brother and new SIL. There’s chatter in the family text to do another one. My job is flexible so I’m just waiting on the others to nail a date.
BTW, looks like beautiful place @dancer4life !

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We came to OKC last night to wine and dine. Today we are going to visit the bombing memorial for the first time.
Stayed in a hotel last night with my favorite room number.

IMG_2546.jpg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
We came to OKC last night to wine and dine. Today we are going to visit the bombing memorial for the first time.

View attachment 207894
It took me almost 20 years to go. Very emotional for my wife and I. I need to go back with another frame of mind in place. I didn’t know exactly what to expect the first time.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 207894

It took me almost 20 years to go. Very emotional for my wife and I. I need to go back with another frame of mind in place. I didn’t know exactly what to expect the first time.

We have walked around outside a few times. We have yet to visit the museum. I'm honestly not sure just how I would react. I've got to do it one day soon. Let us know how it goes, please, Dennis.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have walked around outside a few times. We have yet to visit the museum. I'm honestly not sure just how I would react. I've got to do it one day soon. Let us know how it goes, please, Dennis.

We didn’t get to visit the bombing memorial. It was only open from noon to 5pm today. We went by at 1400hrs with probably 200 people lined up outside waiting to get in and I’m sure it was packed inside. We decided to come back during a weekday when we could get the full experience without crowds.
Like has been said neither of us thought we could go through the memorial in the past but now we feel obligated to visit.
We didn’t know anyone killed or injured but was glued to the TV for the entire rescue watching every moment we could. The days the rescue crews left, I drove down Harvey from the North seeing windows shattered almost a half mile away in a pattern. The pressure wave from the blast ricocheted from one side of the street to the other in a zig zag fashion leaving some businesses undamaged while the one next to it damaged.

We opted to visit the Centennial land run park behind Bass Pro.
Amazing bronze sculptures with incredible detail in facial expressions and attention to animal and human anatomy. We were really impressed, spending a couple hours walking those trails and admiring the work involved building this.
One complaint is that bicycles should not be allowed on the walkways. More than once a bike would come from our rear silently going by us fast enough we could feel the rush of air only inches from us like they we’re seeing how close they could come. It could have resulted in serious injuries.

IMG_2552.jpg

IMG_2550.jpg

Driving out we saw the Weinermobile!

IMG_2558.jpg

IMG_2560.jpg

IMG_2554.jpg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We didn’t get to visit the bombing memorial. It was only open from noon to 5pm today. We went by at 1400hrs with probably 200 people lined up outside waiting to get in and I’m sure it was packed inside. We decided to come back during a weekday when we could get the full experience without crowds.
Like has been said neither of us thought we could go through the memorial in the past but now we feel obligated to visit.
We didn’t know anyone killed or injured but was glued to the TV for the entire rescue watching every moment we could. The days the rescue crews left, I drove down Harvey from the North seeing windows shattered almost a half mile away in a pattern. The pressure wave from the blast ricocheted from one side of the street to the other in a zig zag fashion leaving some businesses undamaged while the one next to it damaged.

We opted to visit the Centennial land run park behind Bass Pro.
Amazing bronze sculptures with incredible detail in facial expressions and attention to animal and human anatomy. We were really impressed, spending a couple hours walking those trails and admiring the work involved building this.
One complaint is that bicycles should not be allowed on the walkways. More than once a bike would come from our rear silently going by us fast enough we could feel the rush of air only inches from us like they we’re seeing how close they could come. It could have resulted in serious injuries.

View attachment 207940

Good to see they have "fenced" along the pathway at the sculptures. In the past, even with signs stating to STAY OFF THE STATUES, people still had to have their way and climb all over those.

Next time you are down there and feel like walking a bit, walk around the end of the canal and walk up the length of the Bricktown Canal. There are some more interesting statues there as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom