OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Found a wet spot on the ground between the water well and the house when mowing the other day.
Yesterday was repair day.

IMG_2589.jpg

IMG_2590.jpg

IMG_2591.jpg

Now, refilling the hole is the next project without breaking that PVC.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
good job....I've been renting a trackhoe when I needed one but I'm now in the market to purchase one....the Kubota that your using looks to be just about the right size....I like that it has a thumb....very handy

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've moved our working to thde Mobile, AL area. Went out after working our way down and because of threatening rain (can't work with even barely wet streets), we decided to work short streets in the downtown area. In doing so, we ran across a neat looking old building that was formerly a structure for the Gulf Mobile and Ohio railroad.

Oh, and I should mention, the building is available for lease.

We also had the occasion to work down in the area of the docks. In driving our work streets, we saw several ships of various kinds, including one in drydock. If we happen to get back down in that area, I hope to get some pictures.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW, I'd use a shovel and pack soil under and around the pipe (for support), then finish up with the hoe.
:drunk2:
The plan is to add soil to the hole up to the level of the pipe, turn it into slurry with a hose from the well 30' away and let it dry for a day or two. It will shrink after drying.
Then add soil 2"over the pipe, saturate into a slurry again and let it dry for three or four days, then it should be supported enough to add the rest of the dirt.
As with every well thought out plan, there may be challenges to be overcame in the process.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The plan is to add soil to the hole up to the level of the pipe, turn it into slurry with a hose from the well 30' away and let it dry for a day or two. It will shrink after drying.
Then add soil 2"over the pipe, saturate into a slurry again and let it dry for three or four days, then it should be supported enough to add the rest of the dirt.
As with every well thought out plan, there may be challenges to be overcame in the process.
Yeah, probably more rain... :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom